1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine blown

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by chris bourner, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Interesting almost none in US

2. Now there's something to think about

3. just had a call from ducati leeds all parts for engine re build have arrived finally, so in next couple of weeks I should have a virtually new engine for sale, with 12 months warranty.
    any idea on what it will be worth?

if I had not sorted it my self (second hand engine) I would have been without my bike for nearly eight months!! now that would have been heart breaking lol

4. I'd put the new one in my bike and sell the 2nd hand one. The new one will have warranties? Plus history maybe for future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. He has already got rid of the bike, if I am following this correctly?

With my Masters Degree in hindsight and with DUK basically repairing the bike FOC, the best course of action would have been to buy/loan another bike, then sell that when the MTS came back?

As an aside, mine was off the road for 6 months waiting for the new cylinder heads :(

6. Yeah but u don't expect it to take six months for a couple of heads, ducati leeds are putting my engine to back of the queue because they know I've got another bike, I'll give them another week or so then I'll start giving them shit.

7. sounds like you upset them then as it doesn't take that long to get the bits..

8. think it's more likely to be the fact they know/think i'm in no rush cos they sold me the tiger sport I'm riding now lol but they got most of the parts weeks ago except the crank, and now they are busy! if you lot stop needing services and repairs I might get it done sooner :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information