1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

England!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Thought the Man City was a done deal?

2. The own goal was undefendable. He had to get a touch. And half a yard out plumb centre of goal it’s only going one place- back of the net.

Definitely a soft pen. But so what? How many times have England been on the receiving end of dodgy drama? Maybe it’s why we’ve won fuck all. Perhaps we needed to brush up on our acting skills. It’s done ok for Brazil, Argentina, Italy etc…

On the balance of play, England 100% deserved the victory against Denmark. We were the better team. Not the greatest performance but good enough. We’ll need to crank it up against Italy. I’d say Italy are technically better than England but this is a final… At Wembley… And I think England will want it more. Super interesting match. Fingers crossed :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I definitely think Sterling has improved and certainly impressed this tournament. He's got heart that kid, always smiling and thankfully now looks up before getting hemmed in a corner. He's fast, quick on the turn , He's quality

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I think you’ll find it was Saka who made the excellent run for the first goal, crossing to Stirling who’d have scored had Kjaer not got in to finish it for him

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Not ever, all I ever get to work with are East Europeans. :worried:

6. Seems like everyone you work with is a pain in the arse.

There does seem to be a common denominator though :)

• Funny Funny x 8
  7. Funny. My wife says something similar to me….

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. #90 bradders, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  9. Oooft.. Who else then?

10. Your Wife knows Mary?

11. My wife knows everything and everyone

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Haven’t seen that. Disappointing if true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thank God, I am not alone.
    I married Miss Right and she turned into Mrs Always Right

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. I only thought it had been a done deal, I’ll expect it will be once the Euro’s is finished.

15. FB_IMG_1625844134504.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. It was a soft penalty, but if that challenge was outside the box it would still given as a foul. Just fortunate it was in the box. The 2nd player played Sterling and not the ball. So foul.

No penalty is a crap penalty if you score, and he did.

Pickfords positioning gifted them that goal. This was a goalkeeping error. One of many by TRex Pickford that night. He's a fucking liability.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Wenger changed modern football, he made the players become athletes and introduced player conditioning.
    Credit where credit's due.
    BTW I'm a Chelsea supporter, don't tell anyone I said that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1

18. I can’t hear or see Wenger’s name without thinking of how my sons and I would rub our hands in glee each time the Gunners had a bad result in those last couple of seasons. Not because my son was playing for a Tottenham Foundation team at the time or because of any particular animosity towards Arsène, but simply because the rants on Arsenal Fan TV were absolutely spectacular. :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information