1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

England!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Does mean we have two clubs so we should do ok ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. #facepalm

• Like Like x 1
  3. 2 pillocks on the same road at the same time, nuff said.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You can shout for who ever you like, just don’t expect it to be reciprocated by any Scot anywhere at anytime. ;)

Hate the game not the players. :)

Haters gotta hate.:(

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. *joke zooms over heads of Hinge & Bracket (Scud) *rocket*

• Like Like x 1

6. Fill your boots.

7. Interesting article

As was said on the radio this morning, football is all about opinions apart from the score.

first chairman of the FA - Scottish
    Organiser of first international- Scottish

I get my info from Dr Bill Murray, respected historian and author of The Old Firm.

8. You would have to wonder how a small nation could regularly beat a big nation at a sport unless the game had been played longer and was more popular and more established?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I liked Bill Murray in Ghostbusters but thought ‘Lost in Translation’ was his best work.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. He won't be watching Scotland playing tomorrow night though will he. Info got from Nogutsnoglory sarcastic b'stard. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. This a more prestigious source for you?

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/comment/england-invented-football/

12. i was just startin' to worry about young Fin, coming out with stuff like this.. :thinkingface:

until..

Phew! normal service resumed. :upyeah::upyeah::)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. IMG-20210710-WA0005.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. No, surely Caddyshack!

15. Are you mad? Groundhog Day was by far the best!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. He just be confused, not sure if he wants to troll or be serious.

17. It's probably older than modern football. Terry Pratchett wrote a Discworld book with it as the basis and shows the progression to the modern game. See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_football

Calcio Fiorentino
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Calcio fiorentino (also known as calcio storico "historic football") is an early form of football (soccer and rugby) that originated during the Middle Ages in Italy [1]. Once widely played, the sport is thought to have started in the Piazza Santa Croce in Florence. There it became known as the giuoco del calcio fiorentino ("Florentine kick game") or simply calcio; which is now also the name for association football in the Italian language. The game may have started as a revival of the Roman sport of harpastum.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information