1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Envy Bike Lift (+ Abba & Bursig Lift Stands)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by t965m, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Yes I do. Do not have the room for a flat bed lift so was looking for something else that would lift the bike high enough to work on and save my poor knees. The Skylift does the job perfectly. Very stable and if your floor is smooth then you can move the bike easily. No alternations to the bike required. I looked at the two stands mentioned in this thread but for me they do not lift the bike high enough. It is expensive but will last a life time. Easy to dismantle to store if required. Good piece of kit especially if you are a bit OCD about cleaning and maintenance like me.

MTS1200.JPG

MTS1200.JPG

#41 DucPete, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks both, I think I'll get the abba as like you the benefits are to lift the bike higher to work/clean on it. :upyeah:

where did you buy it from as I think postage would be quite high due to the weight.

3. Cei1973 I bought direct from Abba. If its for the MTS1200 with the single side swing arm then you need to phone them because you need the bobbin that fits inside the rear wheel spindle which is used to hold the bike level as in my photo. Do not think this part was on their web site. However they include it in the price. Sorry cannot remember what the postage was so it cannot have been that bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Good find.........another manufacturer capitalising on Bursig's great design!

5. I guess the moral is to patent, though its hugely expensive for smaller companies. I had a friend who patented a window catch design in the UK for about £400. A Europe patent was around £15K, who knows what a world wide one costs!

6. Yeah a real headache for small businesses, far too expensive to protect their rights or pursue anyone through the courts for having 'copied' a product (intellectual property?) - Bursig need to reassess their pricing as the competition (copycats! :eek: ) are undercutting them and must be taking a lot of business from them.
    I'm all for the 'free market' and competition, I like to save money wherever I can......but you have to feel for the guy who came up with the original idea, did all the leg work, R&D etc

7. I think I'm going to get the ABBA one but the hydraulic jack looks painfully slow to lift the bike.
    DucPete, how bad is it?

8. Not too bad. I have just timed how long it takes to get to the highest setting as per the pic, 1 min 35 secs. About 15 secs to get both wheels off the ground. There is also a lock off point about mid way.

9. I can spare that amount of time for the convenience/benefits of using the stand! :D

By the way.....the Hydraulic ram is rated at 3 Ton lifting capacity. So, as motorcycles weigh in at around 200 -350kg on average the ram is doing far less work than its designed for - you might say that the Abba bike lift is 'over engineered'.....no bad thing :)
    The ram is also CE approved.
    Will lift one of these effortlessly so the skinny Mutley will be no trouble :D

[​IMG]

#50 AndyW, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I ordered an ABBA Sky Lift yesterday evening. Looking forward to trying it out now :upyeah:

11. Checkout the assembly video on the Abba site if you haven't already. Probably take you longer to unpack it than assemble it, they go a little mad with the tape and bubble wrap.:biggrin:

12. Been waiting for ABBA to release Pani adaptors (which they're doing in March) before ordering a skylift. Def buying British.

13. Postage is £11.99

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bugger. Just had an e-mail from them. The bobbin adaptor is OOS. An additional 7-10 day wait :frown:

15. Any standard bobbin adaptor should do the trick no?

16. If you have one from the standard ABBA lift for the front lift option then you can use that as its the same. Its actually a machined piece of metal that slides into the rear spindle so you can lash the rear end to the lift. More conventional method is to lash if to a rear bobbin which of course the MTS does not have, hence the need for an adaptor.
    You could either make one or adapt a fitting from a paddock stand if you have one.

#57 Psy69, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  17. 20140309_085742.jpg

20140309_085742.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information