1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Essex DOCGB meet this Sunday Coggeshall.

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by 900streetfighter, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Does a push bike in franschoek high street count?

2. Competition rules stipulate Ducati motorcycle to be ridden to venue from at least 20 miles away.
    A photograph of speedometer with that days newspaper in view will be required as proof of distance.
    Entries will be void if temperature exceeds 5 degrees or if its not raining or snowing at time of travel.
    Winner is entitled to 1 pint of draught beer to be awarded at venue on or after 2nd Sunday of January 2014.

:wink:K.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well if the weather is like it was this morning then I'm staying in bed(children permitting) and the duke will stay in the garage!!

4. Just looked and I'm on call that weekend, so I'll say no to the food bit but if its quite and the weathers ok I might pop down for a coke.

5. I'm trying to get my belts done for tomorrow but it's too flipping cold.....

.......going back out for another go in a minute, but the new belts aren't particularly flexible.....

(...and the cold has made my nose bleed.......)

6. Al. pm sent.

K.

7. I'm not going to get there now due to leaking slave cylinder and the wife wants the car. Shame as the weather looks ok. Let me know when the next one is and don't drink too much!!

8. I will drink as much as I want, gf is driving.:upyeah:

See you another time. K.

9. Am in sunny South Africa - franschoek to be precise having a top lunch. Hope you guys have a good ride / meet / lunch etc. Hope to get the 749 back next weekend or the one after, nicely serviced and with some cosmetic goodies also.
    Ride safe.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

10. Text sent Sunday AM just before midday...........didn't get belts done.............5mm ordinary bit broke off in the front belt adjuster bolt........got the broken piece out and then used an impact driver.........5mm bit sheered off flush with top of bolt head, stuck tight in there.

Drill bit wasn't going to touch it so after a bit of debate with myself, one whack with a cold chisel and hammer shifted the bolt 1/4 turn anti-clockwise.......(Phew!)..........

Belts now on, but I have to re-adjust them now that I have run it up hot and let it cool down............

Will see what the weather is like for next meet.......

AL

11. Got your text Al thanks. We all had a delicious 3 course meal, roast beef for me, large portions and I managed to get 4 pints down my neck, and my gf picked up the bill for our meals:upyeah:.

I'll put your number in my phone and text you with details of anything we are doing.

Cheers, Keith.

12. OK Keith thanks.......

AL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information