1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Had Someone Deliberately Try To Knock You Off?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Sep 29, 2015.

1. See I'm to short to show road rage.

2. aye right, it's the wee guys you got to watch out for. :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. and round faces apparently

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. and grumpy mechanics

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I don't commute on my bike, in fact I don't commute at all as I work at home so I don't tend to filter that often as I try to ride when it's quiet. The main thing I notice is drivers that deliberately brake hard and suddenly for no real reason other than to be pain in the arse. I've had on a couple of occasions cars swerve at me when I'm overtaking them. Its every bikers worst nightmare to be caught out by something turning right and cutting you off especially when you're speeding up to get past. It's just dangerous as you panic and swerve yourself to keep clear which can make you over compensate and loose control. I think some drivers just get sour grapes that you're faster than them or can keep moving in traffic and they can't.

6. Seriously though, for someone to deliberately obstruct or cause others to avoid a collision, is that an offence?

7. If there is clear evidence of intent, and if the police somehow wish to get involved ... then yes, it is an offence.

Or, in other words - no. It isn't.

8. It's an offence to shout loudly through the visor causing someone to take offence.

I'm just being stupid now.

• Like Like x 1
  9. You too!
    I couldn't believe it, on Saturday filtering very very carefully as the M4 reduces to 2 lanes heading into London a driver opened his door to talk to another driver in the outside lane. I was just behind him, hard not to hear Termignoni's you'd think but no, he flung his door open right in front of me. I pulled up next to him, gave him a good long look and shook my head. Unbef'inglievable!

Sunday I just didn't go out on the bike. Too many tosses trying to kill you. Shame as it was a beautiful day.

The way I see it we have two choices.
    1, Get up really early to ride because by 11am it's all over.
    2, go abroad to ride where it's safer, less cars on the road and more space.

Finm is a lucky fella with all that space up there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. and it's not all between me ears ether. :upyeah::smile:.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. fast bikes on slow roads, whats the point?.

12. Baaa basturd client baaa clutch fluids baaaa VAT baaaa bid end gone baaaa diagnostic ma asrse baaaa whiskey mmmmmmmm sleepy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bid :Bucktooth:

15. Learn to quote properly - it's confusing, I didn't remember saying all that :D

16. Did I :Wideyed:

17. I don't do quotes. What about concrete, what's that all about?

18. A building material made from a mixture of broken stone or gravel, sand, cement, and water, which can be spread or poured into moulds and forms a stone-like mass on hardening.

19. Sensible answer. You are getting old and boring man, old and boring, you need to live, buy a proper bike and ride it. What about that street thing you bought. Going alright I hope.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. It wasn't my answer :Sorry:
    Let's talk bikes? :Wideyed: it's fab :D

Sleep now... :smile:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information