1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever Had Someone Deliberately Try To Knock You Off?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, Sep 29, 2015.

1. What's up sparrow
    Has something happened :Wideyed:

2. Nope, I was just pretending to be finm

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. try harder.:smile:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Try Scotcher.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I think it's despicable that one should find that another has tried to knock one off.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Never had someone take a deliberate swipe at me but had an unpleasant encounter tonight.
    I was following a BMW estate car down a twisty road which I know well. It was a petrol engined 5 series on a 14 plate so not a slow car by any means but on this occasion it was dawdling.
    There was a 90 degree R/H bend coming up and on the other side a clear straight about 300 yards long with another sharp bend at the other end. Plenty of space to get safely past a car exiting a slow bend. When we rounded the bend the straight was clear so I pulled out to pass the BMW. As I came alongside an oncoming car appeared round the bend at the other end of the straight. No matter, still plenty of time and plenty of room to get past.
    Usually when I overtake cars I short shift and punch past on torque without a big song and dance and lots of noise. But the Beemer driver was waiting for me and he put his foot down. And not just a bit. He wasn't teasing. He floored it. I had to really rev it and give it a serious fistful to get past and he didn't let up at all even as the oncoming car flashed its lights. He was trying his best to shut me out.
    I could have braked and tucked back in behind him but though I could out-accelerate him he could probably have out-braked me and in any case there was barely time to make that calculation. I just wanted to get clear of the twat. It wasn't a wide road either. There would have been nowhere to go. What an arsehole.

7. Had that exact scenario with a BMW again. This was in a car though, doing 35-40 in a 60 and I went for a very safe overtake on a long straight. He toyed with me, accelerating when I did and even braking when I went to drop behind. Arseholes everywhere!

8. Mr Gimlet, stop racing cars you big kid :D

9. Filtering, coming home from work at about 4.30 this afternoon. Coming to a roundabout in slow moving traffic, ASDA delivery van on my left, no-descript Euro hatch on the right. The car driver blatantly clocks me and moves to his left to block my progress past him and the ASDA van. He makes the mistake of going bumper to bumper with the car in front, so I sieze my chance and do the old Mansell / Piquet feint and zip by on his right hand side. As I go by and look at him, he's shouting his head off through his window.

Some people need to chill :Stop:

• Like Like x 2
  10. I have to say I have had many a friendly little race with cars on quiet roads. You roll up behind them and they give it their best shot at staying in front until they realise they're never going to shake you off, then its concede with a flash of a left-hand indicator and a mutual thumbs up and thanks for the fun as you go past. Frowned upon by the constabulary no doubt, but these drivers are the good guys. They're having a bit of fun too but they know their limits and when to rein it in.
    Big difference between a friendly joust and playing chicken with other road users or deliberately trying to force an accident because you're having a bad day..

#70 Gimlet, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. I rated this "Agreed" but obviously, I disagree entirely with such gross misuses of public roads. Shameful :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Had that with a merc yesterday. I must say, he went way hotter round some of the corners than I was prepared to, riding in jeans on unknown roads.

13. what is it about Bmr drivers. i seen one to day, think it was the only car i seen for twenty miles..
    just saying.:smile:

14. :Angelic:

15. Seems BMW drivers need to take their tests again!!!

I had a little friendly spat with a Subaru in mini of course the other day
    Think he was impressed with my driving I kept up close and personal with him :D
    Lol should have see his face when I signalled right to turn into my estate I think he thought I was going to overtake him
    I could see him in his mirror thinking no way!!! Is she going to pass me
    I laughed and I could see him laughing too
    Brilliant :D

16. Aye I drive a BMW! But you're right they do seem to be the worst. Apart from me of course :Angelic:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Did you spec the optional extra indicators? :Angelic:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was queuing at a petrol station, big backlog of cars made worse while every driver went to pay leaving their car at the pump.
    After one filled up and went to pay I sneaked past, got my bike near enough to the pump and filled up. I finished just as the driver returned so went to push my bike out of the way while I paid.
    The next driver pulled round me and blocked me in, when I asked him what he was doing he had a go that I had pushed in the queue. I tried to make the point that not 1 second had been added to his wait but he wasn't having it. Thought it was going to end badly but managed to push past him with mm to spare.

19. Seems it's official.

image.jpg

20. cool, no fiat or alfa on there. but i kind of new it anyhoo. :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information