1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excessive wind ('uncledons' wings/wind deflectors)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by chickenman, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Great stuff!! Good job Robin (and Jeremy).... Can't wait to get my hands on the final version... :)

2. There is a list?

3. Email sent to eagle screens (link at post #40), I presumed they have a list ?

4. Ah yes, I did send them an email but forgot, that's what happens to ancient Multistrada riders unfortunately....

5. Here are the latest pictures of the almost finished product. John refers to them as the "LongJohns" and only has a little tweaking to do in terms of shape and gaps.
    They are fitted to Jeremy's bike.

LongJohns.jpg LongJohns fitted 1.jpg LongJohns fitted 2.jpg

LongJohns.jpg

LongJohns fitted 1.jpg

LongJohns fitted 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. nice! That looks just the ticket Robin! Well done.... :)

7. Just for clarification, the grommet fits into the hole in the wind deflector. The 12mm underside part of the grommet fits into the fairing recess and the 10mm topside part of the grommet fits under a stainless steel washer. A stainless steel screw is then passed through the washer and grommet and screwed into the original fairing fastener. Probably take five minutes to fit both wind deflectors.

8. I want one !! :)
    Keep coming to this thread hoping to get my hands on one of these.

Keep us posted please.

Cheers
    JP

9. Probably best if you email the manufacturers, they'll keep you in the loop once production goes ahead

email address: [email protected]

10. Ordered mine today, can't wait to try them out, might need this arctic weather to cheer up a smidge first tho......

11. Hi Rivets. I hope you bundled the wind deflectors with the short screen, or will be using them with anything other than the OEM screen. In my experience nothing can remove the turbulence coming over the top of the OEM screen. John from Eagle Screens has sent a flyer covering the wind deflectors and the sport/short screens he sells to the people who have contacted him. When I have his permission I will post it for everyone to have a look at.

12. i ordered mine but will be using with the standard screen cut down, will this still work blacky???

13. Have emailed John. I have MRA touring screen which in fairness isn't too bad. Hopefully this will make it as perfect as can be expected.

14. It should do....the flaps work best with a "shorty" screen, as for many a shorty screen works best. The stock screen is awful. I have an MRA X-Creen double, and that works well.

It's a combination of screen width, screen height, flaps, and you! The trick is to either be "in" the airflow (like on a sports bike) or to deflect it round you.

The flaps won't fix your screen, so a crap screen will still be a crap screen (e.g. The stock screen), but it will improve the airflow around the BOTTOM of the screen. This is where a lot of the noise/turbulence comes from.

Hope that helps.

15. I'd expect that to be a pretty decent setup... :)

16. Hi Unicycler, I would say David D has your question covered nicely. Jeez you guys are getting some crap weather over there. Hope it clears up soon.

17. Hi RBlacky, thanks for the advice. I got wise to the standard screen a while back and took a jigsaw to it; it's now as short as I can possibly make it. I do use the spacers too which allows me to mount my TomTom on a plate held under the screen on the spacer spigots. Hopefully the wings will still work otherwise I'm back to fugly ball mounts etc.

18. That's the wind deflectors ordered from Oz. Not sure when I'll get out to test them, the MTS hasn't moved since Sep.

I'm almost ashamed to say I prefer the Hyper

#118 t965m, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  19. Wind Deflector Wings now available retail....

Here's the communication everyone who had contacted Eagle Screen re the wind deflector wings for the MTS1200 should have received...

http://mts1200.info/mts12_faq/mts12...Multistrada_Wind_Deflectors_Eagle_Screens.pdf

Well done and congrats Robin for seeing the project through to fruition............Robin's 'Oz Wings' are now in production :biggrin:
    Replacement Motorcycle Screens | Eagle Screens Australia
    ....well done and thanks to Don (chickenman) and DavidD for your help and input in Robin's enterprise :upyeah:

Multistrada Wind Deflectors, Concept to Reality

20. G'day,

hope all who ordered the hiss flaps from Eaglescreen (AUS) do not use Barkbusters (AUS) as you will find out they interfere with the Barkbusters and restrict handlebar movement.... how do I know, tried to fit my set a few minutes ago and they won't work.....

the hiss flaps are quality parts but prefer my Barkbusters installed on my MTS-PP.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information