1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it's no accident the way that fairing shapes up over the frame... I am going to suggest it's discreet attempt to create some downforce

2. Do I detect some people aren't that happy with the looks?

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. If you squint, it looks like a nod towards the timeless beauty of the GSXF. *cough*

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. gsxf.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Teapotigale?

it does look very VFR-shaped to me...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GSXF - Pani.jpg
    Nailed it!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. It does look like at the front they have tried to fit a fat bird in a skinny birds lycra ayia napa outfit and the back is the after thought realising she might need a stool to sit on before she launches the nights drink consumption

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. How much torque is a 100cc's?

9. About as much as a German Shepard dog.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. About as much as a German Shepard dog.

11. Haha good question phrased like that!

Answer: A worthwhile amount

Proof: 1098 with 1198 cams vs an 1198

12. About as much as 2 German Shepherd dogs then?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Proof will be in the riding. If it's great to ride then those who are whining by about the looks will soon forget about it

Could be the bike that finishes Aprilia off for good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. One German Sherpard dog with a mirror.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. D16RR design is miles ahead of both..v2 and v4.
    Imho the major flow lines are very similar to the 1199/1299 Panigale.
    I actually prefer the side view of the v4, the only thing that I would say I am not happy with is the air scoop/ headlight light area.
    That exhaust pipe cover looks sh't on all panigales, although not a lot can be done maybe remove and ride only when 10c outside :) Again who knows what we are looking at..is it more and less the final product or just a prototype.

16. well my reasoning is that my hyper gained about 13nm with an ecu flash....thats my point....is worth all the hassle for 100cc....when power could probably be gained in other ways...

17. On the plus side, strada 1000 riders can finally say they no longer ride the ugliest ducati

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. That's a huge gain and may suggest that the mapping/fueling was quite out to begin with or was designed for emissions tests.

As was pointed out earlier it may well be to do with the Euro 5 regs and having a bigger engine will allow them to stifle the exhaust somewhat without losing too much, as also stated it should also allow them to make good power at lower max RPM

19. It's called the Desmosedici Stradale isn't it?

20. It could be one of those bikes that looks a lot better in the metal

And to be honest it's going to need to because it's always going to get compared to the panigale which is widely respected as the best looking bike ever produced.

I'm looking forward to seeing it with my own eyes, however as it stands I won't be buying one based on its looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information