1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The other day I was a bit bored and counted my teeth. I have 32 it seems.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. So much easier to count them than pull them eh camel!! ;)

3. yes, if you can count to 32 wayne :p

4. OK flatty, these are facts.... A Boeing 747 uses 7840kg of aviation fuel for the take-off, climb and descent portions of the flight and these account for about 250km. For journeys longer than that, the plane will use 10.1kg for each additional kilometre under typical cruising conditions. So to fly from Heathrow to Edinburgh (530km) uses 10,668kg of fuel, which releases a little over 33 tonnes of CO2.

Whereas a Ford Mondeo 1.8 TDCi emits 151g of CO2 per km and covers 650km to reach Edinburgh. That works out to be 98kg for a single passenger, compared to 79kg per person for the Jumbo, assuming it carries its full complement of 416 passengers. But you could drive 336 cars to Edinburgh for the same CO2 as one plane. This aircraft is much bigger and less economic than your A330 but it's one I'm familiar with. This is for one trip, not one year Einstein . Pipe, put in, smoke it fish lad :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You were nearly correct with 300 cars, just not for a year, but for one trip, I've done a rough calculation for the A330, and I think it's about 255-265 cars worth, as I don't have accurate facts to hand about the A330, but thank you anyway, its very entertaining ;) :rolleyes: :upyeah:

6. lol, ive just realised what i typed, it should have said 1 plane 'flying' not 'flight' no wonder you questioned me!
    yes, i roughly worked out 1 plane, v's 300 cars per year were the same, which when you think about it is quite surprising!
    good sport man, good sport :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2

7. You've assumed full occupancy for the aircraft, yet assumed driver only for the car. You've taken scant and reckless disregard for occupant diversity and biased the sum to your point. Your mathematical comparison is incompatible. 2/10

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Shit, your right, 3 extra mondeo passengers, I'm fired!! :rolleyes:

PS, a full car would suit my argument even better. :)

9. Its a particular problem had this calculation been carried out in India.

10. no, we need indian calculation, then I win for definite ! (dont tell wayne) ;)

11. Great great backpeddle :upyeah: good skills flatty :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Now a plane full of flatulent bovine quadrupeds would be very bad ( for everyone ). Especially if one of them opened a window:scream:. A plane being high up in the tropopause and all.

13. A plane full of vegans would be even worse, unless it happened to 'disappear' mid flight!:poop::thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ok do an a380 flying to Singapore.

Please factor in all the trips to London to visa offices for driving to singapore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Nearly 11k litres sound a lot for such a short journey. Ban them.

16. What if all the passengers were fat bastards, surely that would require more fuel? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Any more info on new v4?
    Forget the planes.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sure, lots of people think it looks a bit plane.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. I was thinking the same thing V4
    if i want to know about planes i will just look in the sky thanks lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. No info or pics from misano?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information