1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The fairing is the same huge piece config as on the Supersport. I noticed this on the prototype last year at WDW2016 before it was launched and thought it was crazy for consumers but good for Ducati! The same can be said of the Multi DVT as this has a massive front fairing beak that would need replacing if it took a knock from the front or either side. Personally, I think they should have sacrificed the sleek look for another panel cut to keep costs down, both for manufacturing the part but also for replacement.

2. Could not have put it better myself. This part is huge and even a mild off will require a huge proportion of the bodywork to be changed, judging by the coverage this one panel provides

3. IMG_3508.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. ^ Looks like Inconel, doubt it is though on a production bike

5. Polo Harlequin anyone?
    VW-Polo-Harlequin.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Good to see the factory have retained the monkey, blow torch and builders trowel for the exhaust welding :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I heard all the welding is done by the kids on work experience.:D

8. From the special school?

9. i heard the welds are thrown off a trowel at 25 paces?

10. Haha who told you that was a liar.

It's 50 paces at a mimimun and only after they have blind folder the welder and spun him round 50 times first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WOW! So much for the L-twin being the 'perfect road bike engine' eh...

12. typical marketing departments, its all the best ever until the new version comes out.
    Remember buying your 'HD READY' TV, only to find the 'FULL HD' was twice the pixels, yeah, thanks for that............ :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 100% it's just like the bike (or anything) reviews.

"Yeah the new model is great, it doesn't have all the problems we didn't tell you about when we were telling you the old model was great"

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've realised that I'm feeling bitter that 'Ducati twins' are no more, I guess we all understand why they've moved over to the cylinders+RPM approach but it's still somewhat sad to acknowledge that this it probably it for big V or L twin Superbikes.

I guess we saw it coming with the Panigale, more revs and power and torque further up the rev range. It was already the end of the 'torque everywhere' monsters.

Peak torque on the new V4 is what, around 12.5K RPM? Less than a 1K RPM from peak power at 13K RPM. Long time Ducati riders are going to have to take a different approach I guess.

I bet there'd be a fuss if Harley Davidson brought out an inline 4, Porsche drop the flat 6, etc.

I'm crying in my soup for the old Superbike twins but looking forward to the new 'MotoGP' fours.

And yeah, I know - it's not a MotoGP bike etc etc but anyone will find it hard to convince me that none of the knowledge Ducat have amassed by racing their V4s isn't going into this bike.

Looking at the design they've announced for the road engine I don't really understand why so many are moaning about its unconfirmed looks as that'll be the least challenging part of adapting to it coming from a big twin.

It's the end of the tractors :pensive:

15. be nice if they brought out a baby v4... A 6-750 lightweight screamer... I'd be more interested in that...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. They have not said anywhere that I am aware of that they are getting rid of the L-Twin, they have stated that the new V4 will be for the top of the range Superbikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah I’d much rather lighter and less power than 210bhp or whatever they’re claiming.

18. The 959 remains I believe

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information