1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The third price is for the R,the swedish dealers cant shut up. Time for offical spanking?

2. Not sure...there most be some sort of balance.
    MvAgusta is a prime example on how to get a good brand near bankruptcy :sob:.......Exclusive to the level of selling 1000 bikes a year. That will never cover the development cost, maybe ok if you have endless pockets like Volkswagen(see monies they lost on each Phaeton or Veyron)
    Now MV f4 base models are same price as japanese, definitely cheaper than Ducati yet they still struggle to sell superbikes with 37 WSB titles in the pocket. Sad..really sad.

If Ducati keeps the V4 base model 10-25% more expensive than Japanese competition they will still retain some of the exclusivity whilst being affordable for the midd-class.
    Seeing the prices stated in this thread(although pure speculation at this stage) they are well within the 25%.

3. No,the nordic prices are not the same. Norway & Denmark are in a league of their own while swedish prices match yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. And this V4 does nothing for me,give me a Norton instead!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. It's taken care of and you'd need to be a bit more specific instead of blaming all the country's dealers to be fair, no?

6. This isn't a fair comparison. See the 2017 price list below. You aren't conparing a 1299 to an R1 or whatever in your example are you?

There is little or no difference between the current price of 1299 and the new V4 as quoted earlier:

Price list Ducati.PNG

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  7. @alexko My mistake, I see what you are saying now, sorry. You're comparing the supposed price hike from the base 1299 to the base V4 aren't you? Yes it's a substantial difference IMO too!

I would guess they may have that angle covered off with a smaller capacity model in the more mid-range price bracket but, hopefully, the figures quoted in this thread are incorrect!

It's appealing though isn't it - a direct line from the MotoGP bike, to the WSBK, to the bike you buy. That's appealing to me anyway! :upyeah:

8. Yeah totally, 800cc is probably the sensible limit for the design they've always used for their twins, anything over that and you're pulling it apart to repair/rebuild it a lot more frequently than a typical 4 cylinder.

9. IMO it's not the looks that are going to cause the biggest problems with Ducati owners it's the fact that it probably isn't going to ride like a big capacity grunty twin.

10. Sounds very much like a Ducati I’m told from someone who’s heard it. They were pleasantly relieved how un-jap like it sounded and how it was a familiar tone.
    Pic online sadly is the bike though pretty much :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ah don't worry I'm sure it'll look just fine

12. V4 desmosedici sounds pretty dame fine to me ;)

I think Ducati know their market and customer base pretty well. I can't see it being a flop personally.

Give it 2 years for all the teething problems to be ironed out and I may trade up from the 1299:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I think the point is they had a product at the edge of price elasticity with the panigale. They are about to snap it. Meaning less new buyers, which also means less demand and less px values.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Interesting to compare the sound of the MotoGP bike to the Stradale at the same circuit, I thought so anyway...

• Like Like x 1
  15. 'cept it's a big bang motor so it could well do :p can't bloody wait it's gonna be epic :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Have you ordered one then Clive? :)

17. Ssssh just trying to big it up so we can flood the market with cheap Pani tractors :grinning:

Still sure it's gonna be epic :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mate honestly I am wetting myself about this bike too, and agree it is gonna be EPIC :upyeah:

I dunno, I'm finding it difficult to believe that they will be able to get near the torque curve and levels of a 1200/1300 twin with a four... even if they do have servo'd stacks. We'll see soon enough eh.

Regardless, I want one so bad...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Will be some hopefully lucky people getting there bikes.
    But for what we know I will have too wait until 2019 to get mine V4R Gutted lol.
    Hopefully WSBK would have sorted all of the rules out by then.
    So we all know what type of V4R we are getting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. maxresdefault (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information