1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exclusive Pics: New V4 Panigale Successor!! In-moto Magazine

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Topolino, Jun 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Out of interest anyone suggest the running in period for a V4? Is it a two stage process like the multi-strada bedding in periods.

2. Alongside the 821, we all know that Ducati will premiere the new V4 and THREE new models, one of which, the Italian press recently revealed will be a Scrambler 1100.
    The new Scrambler will be based on the engine from the Monster 1100 EVO and naturally Euro 4 compliant. 3 versions will be available - a basic version, such as the Icon 800, a classic design with spoked wheels and a more sporty version with Öhlins suspension and double discs at the front.

3. images (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. But it doesn't work like that. It's the 1600 Scramblers, 800 Multistradas and 500 Monsters that they sold which will keep them in business!

Every marque has its "aspirational" model, and that's what the Panigale S/R/V4 will be; no different to Porsche selling loads of Boxters/Caymans and only selling a handful of GT3RS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BTW, as someone pointed out, the £30k model is the Tricolore but NOT an R model; that will come next year and will be 1000cc for homologation into WSBK.

6. Isn’t the v4 a 1000?

7. Isn’t the v4 a 1000?

8. 1200?

9. 1100 mate

10. Lol so which is it...

11. Depends on the day of the week.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. 1103cc

• Like Like x 1
  13. Exactly. My guess is there will be an 1150 version in 2019, a 1200 version in 2021, and a 1250 touring version (the "Apollo"?) in 2023. So are you sure you want to buy the 1100 version now?

14. fair to say tightening road emissions laws will up cc's in order to reduce revs and noise but still create more power. within 10 years all road bikes will be sub 10k max rpm with either turbo or hybrid power and probably 50% more cc

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  15. I'd be surprised if they went to an 1150 instead of going straight to a 1200 as since the 998 they've moved approx 100cc at a time ie 998-1098-1198-1285 and I'm not sure a 40-something-cc size increase would be justifiable in terms of tooling etc vs the likely percentage power/torque gains, but I have no info on it.

My guess would be a 1200 around 2020 - which is far enough away to warrant beasting the hell out of an 1100 V4 and then just swap it for the latest/biggest one.

16. A 100cc hike down the road seems more likely, just looking at the lineage of previous models ie 1098 - 1198, 1199 - 1299..........V4 1100 to V4 1200 (Panigale V4 to Panigale 12V4?). The R model when released will likely be stuck at the lower capacity due to homologation rules. The Speciale version of the V4 is (as has already been speculated) possibly a Tricolore and as with the V2 Panigale, merely a first year limited run, with the R due for release in November 2018, just in time for it's debut in WSBK 2019, as planned.

17. Excuse me I was having my own little rant there :) I can't see modifying the V4 for race/track use to be any easier than the V2. I guess the main problem is the ever increasing road regulations which means you end up with so much junk to remove from the bike. I'm going to look seriously at a superstock spec non road legal bike next time I'm buying something new if it means I can get it with all the parts I want. If I was to go back a year I would have done that with my 1199R instead of a road bike.

(at risk of a thread hijack) I love my R6, quite different to the Ducati as you say. Nothing too exciting when you see it in the garage but out on track the liberties you can take with it are amazing. I starting to do some huge sideways entries into corners on it lately as I get more agressive with the throttle on blipping down the gears. The back wheel spins up and makes a crazy whoosh noise as it goes out sideways and you drop into the corner. Massive amount of fun.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Potential front end? BTW Spoke to my dealer today and he would not say much more but in respect to the Swedish dealer leak earlier this week, the "Speciale V4" is definitely NOT an R but a very tricked up version of the V4S

front end.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Speciale V4 With 220bhp :p

20. Allegedly. Swedish dealer quoted some figures but none have been corroborated yet. After 8pm on Sunday we will know everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information