1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Exhaust Valve James Closed Before Purchase

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Echo, Apr 27, 2015.

1. :rolleyes:

2. Was those Silverstone bikes not the track bikes that were for sale for ages then a couple sold to a Ducati dealer.

3. 4200
    yep had a custom map as the original map wasn't with the pipes even though it was supposed to be be, what an expensive day... Still have to keep smiling lol... Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow and forgetting the hundreds-thousands-
    yep stitched up from all angles, what a wonderfully expensive shit experience I have had with Ducati

4. I would be getting on to the selling dealer and asking them to go over the whole bike and check everything is ok. If they sort things and refund you for any expense then the bike should be fine. They were meant to be 'well maintained' and looked tidy enough in the adverts.

5. 4200
    yep had a custom map as the original map wasn't with the pipes even though it was supposed to be be, what an expensive day... Still have to keep smiling lol... Looking forward to picking it up tomorrow and forgetting the hundreds-thousands-
    that's a great idea, I'm going to contact them again first thing tomorrow morning and get them to do just that. They have lee ply lied to me and I have now emailed Ducati directs CEO and managing director who will be investigating. Take it to the top and things get done. Hopefully will have everything in order ASAP

6. It doesn't matter who your dealer bought the bike from, they can't blame the previous dealer, or expect you to chase after Silverstone, your contract is with the people you bought it from. If there is anything wrong with the bike, they are responsible for putting it right.

#26 Borgo Panigale, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. So who did you buy the bike from then. If they are a reputable dealer they will not want you bad mouthing them in public. As Borgo says they do have a responsibility to make sure the bike was ok when you bought it no matter where they got it from. You bought it from them not Silverstone so they have nothing to do with the sale to you.

8. 4200
    that's a great idea, I'm going to contact them again first thing tomorrow morning and get them to do just that. They have lee ply lied to me and I have now emailed Ducati directs CEO and managing director who will be investigating. Take it to the top
    i had another conversation with them this morning and they still suggested speaking to sliverstone about the issue with the valve, I'm not surprised with anything they say now as its all getting a bit messy and every one seems to be passing the buck on. Am picking the bike up at 2pm and with get the full diagnostics as to what has been going on and will hopefully get to the bottom of it.

9. You didn't buy the bike from Silverstone so it is nothing to do with them. Under the sale of goods act your contract is with the selling dealer and it is their responsibility to make sure the bike it ok.
    Is this the only issue with the bike, if it is tell them that you expect a contribution towards the cost of repair,

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. i would pay on your credit card for the 'valve' work.
    Then have the original supplying dealer inspect the valve for this 'drilling work'
    There is nothing to 'drill' the valve could easily be pushed open when the exhaust was off, or freed if a little stuck. It sounds like bollox to me, possibly why they wanted to be kept out of it.
    The whole job sounds dubious.
    If its a case of manufacturing profit for them, get your credit card company to claim the money back off them. A simple procedure.
    Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have the bike back now and all is fitted and a new up map loaded. The bike is now fully working but both ducati dealer have basically lied to Ducati direct as I got them involved and it has been egg on my face as they both decided to tell ducati direct the compleat opposition to what they told me.... God I sound like a grumpy old man lol.... Bad luck for both dealer though as I have all conversations recorded and will be sending them to Ducati UK's Managing Director, we shall see what they both have to say when they get the call from the boss. All I'm all what a shit experience what could have been handled so much better. Still I the bright side I had my bike out for some seriously good fun round peterboroughs country roads so smiling from ear to ear, bring on the summer

12. Really please you got sorted, you now see why I took the defensive stance.
    Many dealers cant be trusted, and they talk bollocks to make money.
    Good on you for recording conversations, enjoy that bike and stay safe :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information