1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Extended Warranty To End

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Twin4me, Jan 22, 2015.

1. In the meantime, may your god help you!

2. Dealer should issue paperwork and register with Ducati online.

3. My information - from Snell's - is that it was not the cost of repairs. Apparently the legality of the product was being called into question because Ducati is not licensed to sell insurance-based products.

4. Email I received from my dealer today

"
    We have been informed by Ducati that the current Extended Warranty program will be withdrawn from Monday 26th January. As a result of this change if you would like to purchase the extended third year warranty for your Multistrada then you have until tomorrow to do so.

If you would like to purchase the additional years warranty the cost is £ 299, please phone us before 4pm on Saturday 24th January and we can process this for you.

If you have already purchased the third year extended warranty for your bike then you don’t have to worry and the warranty will continue as already arranged.

We are very sorry for the short notice but this is something that is totally outside of our control. We understand that Ducati are looking to introduce an alternative program in the future but at this point we have no further information.

Kind regards,
    "

5. SMC told me today that the warranty can no longer be purchased even now.

6. Buy it from Psy69's dealer? It doesn't have to be bought from the selling dealer.

7. When I purchased my 848 warranty it had to be the supplying dealer. Thought that was still the case?

8. I think they got it wrong. I paid Snell's yesterday and got a warranty in the post today but I didn't buy the bike from them.

#28 Speed_Triple, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  9. Never offered any sort of extended warranty when I bought my new Mutley in April 2012 or since. Didn't know you could get one! is it too late to panic??

10. Just extended mine £280 (piece of mind!)

11. Done mine today for both multi and 899,must admit i am feeling a little shafted.1 days notice is just not good enough,should have been 3 months at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Nope, mine is under 18m and ai am extending.

13. Up until yesterday you could, now you cant

14. My bad fella, always thought it was 18 months.
    I'm going to chance it and see what they replace it with

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. It was mate, until yesterday! Lol

16. Thank god for this forum!

I'd have missed out on this otherwise.....bought my mts just before Xmas, warranty expires in May this year. Phoned my closest dealer (GT motorcycles Plymouth) registered the bike in my name & no problem buying the extended warranty.
    Only thing is I paid £325! Have I been overcharged?

17. Phew! Thank gawd I didn't have an extended warranty. Saved myself £300!
    Having said that I've got 3 months clicking the worry beads before 3years are up. Gulp!:Nailbiting:

18. Apparently their bringing a new (product)? out sometime in February. The dealer couldn't tell me wether it would be a better extended or worse warranty.
    Philnanks, yes you were shafted, £299 with Riders.

19. i think he was lucky,i thought the fist owner was the only one who could extend the warranty ?

20. :Arghh::mad:
    Thought so! Prob cause I didn't buy the bike off them! We always get ripped off down the sharp end..... less choice!

I've only had the bike a month, ridden less than 100 miles & the fuel level sensor has packed up so thinking the extended warranty may be worth it....even if I did pay a bit more?!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information