1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Racing 748

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Android853sp, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Great!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Bloody good show! :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Fantastic. Good on ya!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Just got my times through from FE and my best lap was 2:24.9. Given it was my first time on the bike and my first time at Cartagena I'm not unhappy with that and I now have a target for when we go back :). Andy

• Like Like x 3
  5. respect to you matey wish i was there with you

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. A quick update after Brands Indie yesterday, the only changes were an extra click on rear compression to reduce the amount of squat under acceleration out of the bends to minimise the front end washout and an extra 2psi in the front tyre. After advice from the attending tyre man 30 front and 28 rear cold worked really well. The 2 grub screws fell out of the new Rizoma front brake guard which was a bit of a bum and I'm going to up the rear sprocket by a tooth. Got Silverstone booked at the end of July so must try and get something booked sooner. Andy

7. Another brief update, after a wet Brands in May it's time to get a little more aggressive. Ride height setup iaw 748RS workshop manual has been set at 169mm front and 249mm rear. Interestingly going back to conversations before Cartagena about how much of the fork was showing above the top yoke, it is now set with the 6th ring level with the top yoke so I must at some stage find the stock top yoke and see if there is any difference in thickness. Brands again on Tuesday so I am eager to see what difference the small change in setup makes. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Andy

8. So, having a great year so far and the bike has been faultless which is more than can be said for my riding. Been playing with getting an engine to play with and use instead of the original which I would prefer not to wreck if I ever need to return the bike to standard. Anyway after looking at a number of options I bought a 2000YM 748RS engine that has been refreshed and is ready to go. Stll hoping for another trip to Spain before the year end so something for January. No plans to go mental just a few tweaks here and there. I'll post pictures after I pick the engine up at the weekend and of course record the build nect year. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bike booked in for engine transplant last week in November and I've been collecting one or two bits. A carbon under seat crankcase breather box was a good find as were the de restricted 54mm throttle bodies. Going to be a bit of a hybrid with OE 748R radiator and coolant pipework which makes it easier with the stock wiring loom. Workshop reckon about 10 hours to get it ready for the dyno and hopefully Christmas will come early. I have asked Santa for 125 rwhp and 80 lbs ft torque. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  10. Engine fitted and running sweetly although yet to go on the dyno. Will post a couple of pictures I took with the phone but the transplant has been done very neatly. Tarty red Samco hoses didn't arrive in time but I can do that any time. Still hoping to acquire a 54mm system which I have located but the de restricted throttle bodies and 848 injectors seem to work really well together although only time will tell what the torque and power delivery is like. Have to say after being allowed to fire the engine up in the workshop I cannot get rid of this huge grin :). Andy

• Like Like x 5
  11. :Snaphappy:

12. Patience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Okay, not brilliant but you get the idea.

20141129_105320.jpg

20141129_105350.jpg

20141129_105511.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. So a last minute change after the bike was loaded into the van on Thursday to be taken down to the dyno. It now has a full titanium Termignoni 54mm race system that was offered and I couldn't resist. Had a long chat about what I was looking for, compromising all out performance with an 11,000 rev limit, reliability and longevity. A refresh every 6 to 700 kilometres would just take funds and time away from being on track. Just had a text and the bike is making a smidge over 120hp and just under 60lbs ft torque which is about 7 or 8% up on the 748R on the same dyno. Not worked out how to download the chart from an mms message so will post a copy and some pictures when the bike comes home. Proof of the pudding is in the eating, so I need to arrange a track day somewhere in Spain probably in February. I hope my project has entertained, the sad anorak in me has loved the minutiae and challenge. I had a very enjoyable season with the R and I look forward to the same pleasure from the RS and hopefully will see a few of you out on track. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. get yourself on the list for Jerez in late March!!!!

16. 10-14 feb cartagena ;)

17. I'm not sure that this will show much detail but I think that the "before" is a comparison with my 748R fitted with a 50mm full system and a JHP half system eprom.

now=1418119461703.jpg now=1418119537220.jpg

Looks like I'm going to be using the 9000 to 11000 rev band quite a lot :). Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's a lovely smooth curve!

19. It represents a full throttle run with the revs being taken from the coil. Unfortunately with a PC3 USB you cannot tune individual cylinders so the vertical cylinder is a little rich mid range. The AFR is very good but I didn't have a copy of that. Running 848/1098 injectors was a bit of a punt but it really worked really well. Andy

Oh yes I almost forgot, dyno work courtesy of Wilf at Moto Rapido.

20. Just picked the bike up from Moto Rapido so a couple of pictures of the 54mm full race system. Fired it up so I could hear it for the first time, my oh my and doesn't it rev :Jawdrop:. Andy

20141213_141850.jpg 20141213_141835.jpg 20141213_131826.jpg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information