1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Racing 748

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Android853sp, Mar 21, 2014.

1. So, the 748R (996sps full 50mm exhaust, half system eprom) made 112/55 and the 748RS (54mm full race exhaust, PC III) made 120/58, all on the same dyno. Well pleased with the gains from the 853 conversion. Not cheap but what the hell, it's going to be fun. Andy

• Like Like x 3
  2. So here it is. Bottom line is the 748RS and the top line is the 853. Andy

Scan.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. So after the first outing with the new 853 engine at Almeria last week, I believe that aside from recovering the 748R parts as I can find/buy the replacements, there is nothing I want to change about the bike. It has exceeded what I had in my minds eye at the start of the project and then some. I think I have been extremely fortunate to have had the advice and help of some very knowledgeable people both on this forum and outside of it and I am very grateful for that help. Rather than inspired, I think I have been lucky with some of the major choices but finally I truly have a bike that I am proud of and take great delight in every second I have the throttle pinned. That sheer wall of sound as you accelerate hard through the box and then the over run as you bang back down the gears for the corner that is approaching at an alarming rate of knots is infectious. A disease that there is no cure for nor do I want one :D.
    NGJ_2326.JPG
    NGJ_2410.JPG
    My thoughts now turn to the 1098R and the hope that I can make it as thrilling and satisfying to ride as my 853 is. Andy

• Like Like x 6
  4. Nice one! :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Great to hear all that hard work has brought you your dreams... Smiles all round ... Well done you..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information