1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

False Neutrals

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DonaldDuc, Sep 3, 2012.

1. I have had quite a few false neutrals on the 2013 Multi, especially 4th yo 5th and 5th to 6th, although it appears the OP had different issues all together. I think it (perhaps including my shifting) has improved. HOWEVER, I have been looking at my chain for a while and thought it looked too slack. Asked the dealer to check it at the 1,000km service and they said it was okay. I checked it this weekend (5,000km), and it was at about 45mm, not the recommended 35-37. Tightened it, and the shifting has definitely imrpoved. Not sure if this is possible, but I have not had a false neutral since.

2. I also wonder whether a better after market gear shifter would improve matters....

3. My experience is that you do need to be positive with the gear changes. All of my false neutrals have been my responsibility. Adjusting the gear lever definitely helped, but I have two pairs of boots with different depths.

4. I'm a new owner (March 2013) with a 2011 S on 16500 miles, and I've had a few false neutrals but put it down to tentative changing until this morning, with a solid change down from 6th to 5th approaching a roundabout found neutral instead. The bike's in the dealer to renew a fork seal so I'll query this with them as well as the fork clamp issue recently posted. Thanks - I thought it was just me!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information