1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fancy Numberplates

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by XH558, Jun 30, 2024.

1. Used to see B10PSY running round in the Wimbledon area years ago, not on anything special as I remember. Apparently now on a Porsche.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IMG_0126.jpeg

(A memorable sketch, probably couldn’t get away with that on mainstream tv now…)

3. Never bettered

Z9rUDLf.jpg

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I remember seeing DBD34 on a Gold star BSA years ago in Stevenage. No photo sorry.

5. I saw M1 NGE on an M3 in Blackburn years ago, how did that get through?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Presumably vetted by the same DVLA operative that let PEN15 through?

7. Some of them are for dyslexics only.

8. If I wanted to use the number plate from my daughter's car on a new motorbike, how would I go about replacing her plate?

9. Easy, apply to put the registration on retention and request a year related plate to replace it. The DVLA web site is quite useful. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. There will be an £80 charge. If your bike is brand new you’ll be ok. The vehicle must be newer than the plate. Going the other way is fine but you’re not allowed to make your vehicle appear newer than it is with a reg plate.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. I’m not sure that you can. I’m sure, some time back, I read that you could put a bike number on a car, but not the other way around.

12. I’ve switched plates between bikes and cars.

Or are you on about original allocation plates from DVLA?

13. I have these two..... 20240706_153847.jpg 20240706_145024.jpg

And the wife has KC52 RMC on her car

• Like Like x 2
  14. Many moons ago the magazine, Private Eye would have small ads at the back, a very memorable ad read.......
    Private plate for sale 7OU 7WAT
    Never forgot it

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. So, what is the actual registration number supposed to be?

16. I don't think it was a real plate, tounge in cheek?

17. Quite a few years ago, I saw a white porsche 911 with the reg number S70 LEN

Is now on a black land rover according to dvla

Do Not Sell My Personal Information