1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT First Service Is Not At 600 Miles

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mad_Sunday, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Just had my 621.334~ mile service at 750 odd. Not an issue.

2. Ducati Aylesbury told me before I rode the bike (959) out of the showroom to make sure I had done at least 620 miles to trigger the service light before it came for its first service. Some dealers are better than others....

#22 Jolley, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  3. could be riding with metal filings in your oil change the oil after hundred miles i do

4. You change your oil every 100 miles?

5. Hell, are you more informed about Ducati engines than Ducati are?

6. No when it was brand new after first long ride

7. I picked mine up from Snell's of Alton on Saturday and Nick Barnsley went out of his way to make sure that I knew this specifically due to the reasons mentioned. He suggested taking well past 600 miles.

8. My first service was included with purchase at 500 miles. They cannot reset oil service light before 600 odd miles. Therefore I had to return to have it reset later.

9. All I hope is they took the little bastard with a file out of my crank case when they did the service

10. Multistrada got shit rialibilty rep for a reason so a mechanic mate told me to change oil and filter very early peace of mind

11. Did he suggest putting a strong magnet on the oil filter?

12. That would only be any good for ferrous metals, what about the alloys :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information