1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All The Naysayers: Circuit Of Wales To Go Ahead

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by redsail, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Fair play if they get it built and off the ground, is it tilka designed? Basically they just need to build another Philip island but over here, something that produces great racing

2. There is a Facebook page for it too

3. it must be happening then...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I will take a drive up there sometime and have a look

• Like Like x 1
  5. And who's funding this folly?

6. Us, of course.

7. Great :upyeah:

We get to use it for free :)

8. Tidy!

9. Apparently the government of Wales is providing a few £millions of taxpayers' money to enable the long-postponed start to be made. But another £300 million is needed - does anyone have the slightest idea where this is supposed to come from?

10. Fund raising?

11. and will it affect barnet? :mad:.
    :Sorry: i will get my coat.

12. A hat would be better :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. You do realise how much £300m is?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Do I look stupid :)

15. jackie bailys pie bill?

16. I'm still keeping the flying pigs on a reduced exercise programme, no point in getting them to peak condition for the inaugural race just yet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ready to hold the 2017 Moto GP? So 18 months to get the track, paddocks and basic infrastructure to facilitate 75,000ish spectators. I'll be booking my seat in the Brooklands stand as normal at Silverstone for 2017 as normal then.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I will keep my eye on this to see how it pans out of curiosity.

Silverstone may not be ideal but with the M1,M6,A1 - Luton, Stanstead, East Midlands, Heathrow, London via train and Lot's of accomadation all within easy reach it seems a challenge to build something suitable within a short space of time.

I live about 30 mins from Silverstone, when MotoGp weekend occurs, we struggled to find accommodation for visiting friends some years ago, even in the next town further north. I could not believe how many places were fully booked in towns some distance away.

I wonder how the costing works out, build a circuit and amenities (how long before you re-coup that investment) VS
    how much more % do Silverstone want for these events compared to the new circuit? What's the saving...

I'm not for or against, I just would not want to invest in this project looking for a return long term just yet.

If they built an amazing circuit and F1 got on board it might make a bit more sense, especially if the local area could support teams like in Bucks and Northants does, Redbull, Ilmor, Merc etc... huge investments would be made to build suitable working environments. I'm not sure the workforce would want to relocate though. I know a few of them and they live locally with family ties. It sounds a little bit unrealistic but who knows.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information