1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For All The Naysayers: Circuit Of Wales To Go Ahead

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by redsail, Nov 18, 2015.

1. I reckon someone probably the Welsh government (tax payer) will end up well and truly shafted and out of pocket as there is absolutely no requirement for a white elephant in Wales. Someone will be skimming a shed full of cash off this and will walk away scot free when it all implodes. Just my opinion, other will have their own.

#82 Drinky, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. 2017 Moto GP....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Exactly what is happening could not have said it better myself

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Apparently Assen has 60 full time permanent staff so how they reckon 6,000 will get jobs at the COW i'm not sure.

5. Those kind of figures usually include the construction phase.

6. I wonder what these full-time permanent staff find to do from November to March when nothing is happening?

7. Because they are including the 2 hotels, the other facilities and the industrial park in with the figures.
    It's not just a circuit they are building, the circuit is due to be finished in 2017, the project in 2020.
    Most of the naysayers will ignore this as they have already made up their minds, it's a shame really as this project does have legs and investment is desperately needed in the area.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Maintenance?

9. Indeed. And when my mates and I are enjoying the 49m elevation changes on track not to mention the rest of the amenities the naysayers will continue moaning... probably by then about why such a fantastic development isn't located right on their own doorstep.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. There is nothing wrong with investing in the building hotels, factories, warehouses, offices, housing, or any kind of productive development which might turn a profit and help the local economy. It's the half-baked notion of including a superfluous racing circuit in the scheme which is the boondoggle. Sure the project has legs - but it doesn't have wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. So why build racing tracks anywhere then?

12. In your opinion, I can't see Aviva dishing out that sort of investment if they felt the same way though...

13. You may have failed to notice that we already have tracks at Silverstone, Donington, Brands, Lydden, Thruxton, Goodwood, Snetterton, Castle Combe, Mallory, Rockingham, Bedford, Cadwell, Oulton, Croft, Scarborough, Knockhill, and several other places. Not to mention the Isle of Man; and numerous drag strips, hill-climb courses, and motocross tracks. Plus test tracks at MIRA, Gaydon, etc. Just how many more tracks do you think Britain needs? Or can find customers for? Or can afford? Are you trying to say that Britain is short of tracks? You cannot be serious!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Quite. Aviva may invest in the productive sections of the development but quietly drop the rest. Developers do this all the time.

15. You may have failed to notice that there is no 'need' for any race tracks...anywhere. All I hear is sour grapes.

16. A bit early for that. They haven't even started digging holes in the ground yet. Let alone pouring money into those holes.

• Agree Agree x 1

17. From what ive read this “circuit” is a full on motorsport amenity which includes sports that involve riding bikes and other moptorised vehicles in the winter (i appreciate thats probably a foreign concept on a Ducati forum).

Not sure what your point is with regards the need for a new track either. There’s no “need” for new football grounds to be built but they still do. It will also have infinitely better facilities than almost all of the tracks you’ve mentioned there which to say they're a bit out of date would be a rather large understatement.

18. decision taken outside the m25. they don't like that. :smileys:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information