1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 For Those Wondering About Lean Angle

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by kope999R, Aug 14, 2015.

1. I see what you mean (with the 'huh?') as (if odo accurate/sensitive enough*) you managed same entry/mid-corner speed on another lap. Accident bend approach speed was more like 111 mph and*shows a fluctuation possibly from partial lock-up as it goes (approx kph) 180/170/180 before finally spinning up to 204 when cut loose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. We're planning to hit the euro tracks pretty hard next year, definately including Mugello, so maybe we can manage to sync up for a few?

3. always a pleasure...

the must do's are SPA, Barcelona, Mugello , BRNO, Valencia, the very nice ones are Aragon, Le Mans, Hockenheim, Nurenberg, ...

4. Nice one, that's our list sorted then! We have only done Jerez so got some adventures ahead :)

5. Not a club I really want to be part of. Crashing down Craner is always going to be fast. Glad you and the bike are relatively ok. @royalwithcream you need to stop wasting your money on euro days and get wasting it on going racing ;) Bit of lock wire and some numbers and you'll be good to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've been contemplating the idea...got any room in the wagon for me? :)

7. I'm sure we could find a nice little club meeting for you to start off with next year. If you, or anybody else for that matter, wants a hand to start the ball rolling then drop me a line. I'll give you all the advice you need and if I can I'll share the van and mentor for the first meeting or two.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Would love to do that. Will get in touch on other means for a chat.

9. racing, now that is something different still.... :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Go racing and then the times become important, otherwise its just a distraction from fun

Could be a host of reasons, I cant imagine cold tyre is any of them tho given how far into a session this was

• Like Like x 1
  11. gremlins.... :) the strange thing is it just didn't grip at all.... no stepping out , no slide and then letting go , ... just lay her over en whoosh... :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sometimes it happens. Spot of coolant on the track. Oil. Stone. End of tyre life. On/off throttle overloading tyre. All sorts of stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Those pesky Gremlins, knocked me off the other day as well. Same thing, no warning although I'm fairly sure it was combination of tight suspension, bumpy track and body position. That part of Craner where you went off drops off whilst you are at high lean so I guess there are a bunch of things that could have put you slightly off balance or lost enough grip for the front to go. I got picked up by the CSS instructors for getting too excited down there last month on the Ducati trackday and whilst it was bollocks, I can see now why they were worried about it.

14. Great video - sorry it had to end like that.
    There is an unbearable tension watching it, as you know how it is going to end, but not when. Every time you go through Craner you're thinking - oof! Not that time then! When it does happen it's very sad and indeed, seems mysterious.

Where's the Clinique Mobile when you need it, eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ther is a reason why Craners has its own club.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. talked with WILF who has extensive crashdata on that spot and for him it remains a spooky thing as well... the only thing that comes up is a sudden drop in pressure on the front tire... it must be very 'spot' related....

17. I was there last week and the coaches took me right over to the right before turning in, but my speed was so much slower that you could have stopped for coffee before I finished a lap!

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I was there on Saturday on my little CBR600RR. Did you see the instructor on his 848 who highsided at the same point in session 3? He was sparko on grass when I went passed, was only the first lap so cold tyre I reckon. At that point they ran out of Ambulances so we had an early lunch. Both funny and annoying for the Focussed events boss to shout calm down at us over the tannoy, when it was his instructor that had just binned it and caused the mayhem.

19. did someone say that surface drops away at that bend?

20. The camber is odd yes, plus its the first left (I think) so racers sling it on cold tyre

A mate has a shorter little finger coz some of it is left on that tarmac

Do Not Sell My Personal Information