1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fork foot Öhlins recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Piero, Feb 28, 2014.

1. FG8603 "No Problem":wink:

2. Good spot!.............does that actually matter??....is the paint mark not just to show that both parts checked as present?

3. Have looked at my r/h/s f/leg; buggered if I can see a number. It's going in end of month for new clocks so will get the mech droid to have a peek :upyeah:

4. No, it is FG860

cIMG_20140302_163111.jpg

cIMG_20140302_163111.jpg

5. mine are FG8650 2012

i presume thats a good thing :)

6. just checked mine, 2012 on a 62 plate it reads FG8063 2011.05.13 will still get it checked by Snells next service

7. Mine is a 2011 model, FG8063, 24.03.2011, not affected by the recall (dixit my dealer).

8. thanks for info, will check, bugs.

9. internal Ducati pdf ..
    To make online can bring you a lot of trouble
    Ducati knows no fun :wink:

10. There are lots of their 'internal' documents to be found on the Internet Piero, just one basic simple search will find loads. I do not work for Ducati in any capacity so have not infringed any employee regulation.

11. Already clear ...

i have the german .pdf, however, would not make it into the net. :wink:

12. Just checked mine and I have one of the codes in question FG8602, do they change only the right leg ? and if so does anybody know how much it would cost if I paid to get the left side changed as well. Long story, but I got the disk bolts changed to SS ones and an impact hammer was used to change them over as they were tight as hell and marked the ohlins fork leg end. We didn't even notice until my dealer pointed out the marks. I managed to get the marks out used a fine grade wet and dry . I managed to get both sides to look the same but now if they change just 1 side they will look slightly different ..... I know it might be a bad case of OCD but think I would still like both changing anyway for piece of mind to

13. When you used the impact driver on the disc bolts, did they round off or survive the assault?
    I have titanium ones for mine and am a bit concerned the Italian cheese ones will fail if I take an impact gun to them and was thinking of resorting to heat to help.

14. Three reasons they're a bit of a bugger to undo........fairly high tightening torque setting, liberal coating of hight strength threadlock.......and rust!

[​IMG]

Heat may help but if you still need the rattle gun, make sure you have good quality torx bits and protect all surrounding areas with rag just in case!

Re use of Ti bolts.....more info here:
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/f6/warning-mts1200-brake-disc-retaining-bolts-9433/

And cross reference:
    *** WARNING *** Read this - Potentially lethal Front Fork failure

#35 AndyW, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  15. Is was titanium I put in too....my memory

Heat was definitely the key !!

16. The first line of the bulletin made me laugh. 'Thanks to ongoing product quality tests and the analysis on feedback of your products in the field'!!!!!!
    Took them long enough:biggrin:. Maybe they should read this forum more often?

17. Made me laugh as well - I wonder if AirConTechnical realised he was part of a 'Quality Test'? C'mon, cough up Ducati. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ummmm I'm still not amused.
    I've asked Ohlins for a comment since it was them I paid the best part of £400 to.
    24hrs and counting...I'll call them next week if they don't respond before.

19. Thanks for taking the trouble to post in such detail AndyW.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information