1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Front Brake Fluid Reservoir Leak

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Motohtori, Nov 1, 2015.

1. I had the same problem on my 2014 S GT, so much so that it used to build up on my mirror stem while riding and then run down and drip on my side panel on the bike. I asked and asked DMC Moto Preston to fix it but every time I got in touch to ask if the new reservoir had come in he said he's forgotten to order it or I saw it but cant find it now. In the end I posted some unfavourable comments on here, someone saw it and told him, He phoned me asking why so I explained I had asked for several thing to get fixed and each time I got fobbed off with answers of why they couldn't do it. one of which meant me waiting around in a country lane for an hour and a half for the Green flag man to take me home. In the end He sent me a replacement rez and kind of hinted I shouldn't go to their shop any more.
    p.s it was fine for months until I replaced my fluids again and now it has started to mist over my mirror stem. I'll be looking for one off a BMW or KTM next.

2. Just a quick update on my leaky reservoir, I bought the fancy Ducati Performance machined caps and it has stopped leaking. Of course I put them on, not the stealership so that might have something to do with it. I didnt overtighten the screws, just snugged them up good. Made sure everything was dry as well before putting them on. Good luck everyone!

3. same problem over here.
    have emailed my dealer, lets wait what and see what they think of this.

IMG_2961.JPG IMG_2962.JPG

4. Noticed mine doing this today. I'll just stick a sock over it

5. Dealer fixed mine , don't know what they did , but no more leaky

6. Just got some Ducati Performance covers the same as you. The brake cover appears to come without a rubber gasket and the original doesn't appear to come out.

Is that the same as yours?

Any ideas anyone?

7. I think both the covers came without a gasket if I remember correctly, and you reuse the existing ones. I am pretty sure it just popped out, but now you got me wondering! If it doesn't pop out let me know and I will go investigate further.

8. I used the existing gasket on the clutch cover but the brake reservoir gasket appears to be fixed in.

9. I just went and checked, the gasket/diaphram should come off the old one and be reused. It might need a little tug but it will come off.

10. Thanks Grego. I'll have another look.

11. Sorted it. Cheers Grego, it's amazing how things can look different if you leave the garage for an hour and go back!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. We have all been there! Hopefully you are all fixed up now too and no more leaks!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information