1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Brakes Locked On.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Vitesse, Apr 26, 2014.

1. The spacer goes over the spindle!

2. Yes there are spacers...done that myself ;)

Quick google, its a 749 but cant imagine its that different most ducatis the same

image.jpg

#22 bradders, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  3. I have never had to open the reservoir when simply pushing pads back to slide the caliper onto a disc........(Not on bikes or cars)

You only have to move them back a fraction to give enough clearance.........In fact, when taking the caliper off, there is usually enough displacement just by removing the caliper and angling it to clear the wheel.

The OP (IMO) has a major mis-assembly problem..........

But I suppose if the reservoir was full and the pistons had been pushed right back.......(well, would they actually go right back?..........after all, he would only be pressurising the system, like it would be when applying the brakes)..........has it damaged the MC seals or jammed the MC piston?

4. Brembo or Ducati will supply overhaul kits for the brakes,but I think it's Aprillia do and they use the same stuff from brembo.

5. I like Bradder's suggestion, this would explain your symptoms perfectly.

6. just take the calipers off and see if the wheel will turn without them.

7. Does your bike have a bleed nipple in the MC the same as the 749?
    If so it might be worth letting the air out of it.

8. sometimes this adjustment is the fault, only found this out the hard way when I replaced the lever only to find 2 miles later that the brakes had bound themselves on

9. Has he taken it off yet?? Update needed...

10. Problem solved! Brian91cfr wins the watch for the diagnosis, The spindle had not located properly,so when I had tightened up the nut it drew the fork legs together thus putting the calipers in the wrong position, st4s owners take note to see how the spindle should locate before dismantling. Many thanks to all who contributed, this is a very good forum.

11. Well done, it wasn't. Problem solved, Cheers, Vitesse.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information