1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front end noise... Bulletin 844 or something else?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mac, Jul 7, 2012.

1. My mates Mutley a 2010 i think blew its forks oil seals recently. Which came as a bit of a surprise to him at the time. As it coved the brake discs and pads in fluid at the same time.

It was the sport with ohlins.

2. Blimey, not good....he wasn't doing wheelies was he?! Had my shock seals done recently, so I would hope they'd be ok.

3. No, he's not the wheelie kind. Its apparently a common fault.

4. So, thought I might just add this, but not completely confirmed as of yet ..... my mechanics pulled the entire left fork off the bike after I complained yet again :rolleyes: (sorry guys) ...... long story cut short, a shim has been installed at the base of the fork (also had shims added inline with SBulletin:844 to both forks), along with adding the 'right' amount of oil (apparently was very low on oil) and I believe the issue has now been cured .... my bike appears to handle better and has no more noise in the front left fork! .... I am away now on the road (on the bike that is) for the next 9 days and will post again on my return and let you know if the issue is still sorted. Feeling good about it right now though ....

5. Nick,
    If you've got the 2010/2012 Ohlins fork model I'd eliminate the fork rattle issue as discussed earlier in this thread before spending money replacing discs etc.
    It can be difficult to eliminate and may need re shimming more than once. I had both my fork legs done and one leg replaced altogether before it was finally cured.

6. Ooops!! - deleted Nick's duplicate post and both gone :wierd:

Nick said............

Hi
    I have not long had my mts 1200 and from the day I picked it up I had the same sound you are describing, thought it was the head bearings but have narrowed it down to the front rotors/disc's, the one on the right hand side was very loose on the buttons, it looks like the carrier has worn, not changed it yet as to change the pair rotors is big dolla. Searching for just a carrier replacement.

7. At one time Rob (Admin) had redirects in place so that all links from the previous forum would work......that seems to have ceased :-(

Links above should be:

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/secret-fixes.2421/

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/front-fork-rattle-sorted.2898/

Anyone have or know of where the following can be sourced: Bulletin 844 .....relating to Ohlins fork 'rattle'. Thnx

Edit: found I had this image.....not sure if there was anything useful in the rest of the document though.

[​IMG]

@Majvs ;-)

8. That's it Andy. From memory it contained a step by step guide for the mechanic as well

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information