1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Fuel Cap - Aftermarket, Suspension, Tyres

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wes McDonald, Oct 24, 2015.

1. The cap is held on by six allen screws, so very straightforward. It is connected to a couple of rubber breather/overflow pipes, which are also straightforward to attach. There is an electrical lead which is not so simple, because you have to take off the tank covers to fit it, and that is quite a fiddly job involving undoing about 40 bodywork screws.

• Like Like x 1
  2. More likely to be a mechanical pin-stuck issue, in my opinion. Even if the cap completely failed to open, it only takes a few minutes to undo the six screws with an allen key and lift the whole cap up far enough to get some petrol in. So no need to get all that nervous.

3. If you can get the cap off when locked, you may as well just get a race type one

4. Anyone notice petrol (always seems to be BP) stains when it splashes ? Happened twice early on after buying the MTS-DVT.
    stained the L/H mirror housing and handlebar. Polishes out but still......

5. How much is a spare DVT key for fuel pannier locks please guys? Is it dealer only. I did ask my local key cutter but he said £20+ for a special order blank + cutting. Ta muchly.

6. Ducati do sell blanks, If I recall they are about £12-00 but the problem is many key cutter companies will not cut blanks. I went to Timpsons they are a large group that has cut my Ducati Keys in the past, but they will not have a blank they have to order. I again normally buy a pair, and the total cost is about £25-00

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks Proff. Did you get the spares from a Duc dealer then?

8. Well yes but could not get them cut anywhere around my way, so ended up going to Timpsons

9. ok thanks. So just to confirm blanks from Duc dealer and cut at Timpsons? ta

10. Nope, Timpsons will not cut another brands blank, just go into Timpsons there are loads around, and take key and tell them you want a couple keys cut, but highly likely they will have to order blanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Apologies for the delayed reply. I have been away a good bit.

I am told by MCT that the spring installed is a progressive 100 n/m spring. Sorry to say I don't know what the stock spring is rated.

Hope this helps.

W

12. Alas racetech only have the earlier models but they show 8.4kg. If SH same its well under sprung

Do Not Sell My Personal Information