1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full video of the attempted armed robbery at Ducati dealer

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Nobbi1977, Sep 9, 2012.

1. I'm with you all the way on this thread AL! :upyeah:

2. what a complete bunch of fuckwits! They didn't get anything the first time then kept coming back? Retards! It would have been better to see that punk in the hi- viz get a right kicking!

matt

3. i'm a cop, neighbouring borough what thay do is one villian sits on the stolen bike the other villian on his scooter just uses his foot and pushes the bike and they get up a good speed freewheeling and they strip the bikes very quickly, sell on gum tree or sell them to eastern european criminals . the lone shop worker in the shop was brave taking them on one his own, they use a hammer with the head bent vetical to knock the steering lock stub off and away they go ,its reaching epidemic proportions ,last week scooter villians surrounded a mature rider on his blade at red ats threatened him and told him to hand bike over he rode away but they chased him (you would think a blade would get away) he stopped to call police, they jumped on his bike broke the lock in 1 second and off they went . if you are approached by these scum ride to police station fast you have reasonable excuse to break speed limit , my advise to you with expensive bikes fit trakker !

• Like Like x 1
  4. AL read what is reasonable force, for example SiA guidelines. There seems to be much more about what you can not do to a criminal then what you can.

Thx to Olympics I was sent to 3 different training sessions revolving around that, door supervisor licence and two terrorism related. All explained reasonable force in the same way. What is reasonable, appropriate and justifiable at the moment in time. Punching a guy holding a hammer at you is all 3, pounding him after he went on the deck is not. As tempting as it sounds by current standards, if done in front of cctv, it will get you in to trouble as he was defenceless.

If he had a crowbar and attacking you if you killed him using your own or his bar it would be all good. But if you picked up a bar he dropped his and decided he is not brave enough that you hit him and kill him would probably be manslaughter charge.

Paul care to comment on that?

5. Bury all six of them and erase the CCTV.......................simples. They don't exactly leave a sealed note with their mum saying where they are going when they set off on their nefarious activities so nobody will come looking for them!!

Would this be classed as 'reasonable force' or 'justice', I'm not sure which. Ha-ha

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glad that got you all going on a random rant :smile:

It would be nice to kick the shit out of these people, but as someone who stopped just short once and spent a long time giving statements and such i would not recommend it.

Defend but do not retaliate

7. I truly hope they are caught although i fear the sentence will be little deterent! anyone else think the high viz wearer could be a girl???

8. reasonable force is what you honestly believe is reasonable at the time,the recent news around the burglars getting shot whilst running away ie in the back deems to be seen as excessive , but if they had killed someone things probably would have been different for the victim ,you will be in the hands of a jury, the law does allow you to hit first a premitive strike if your fear assault circumstances do play apart. the staff are protecting a motorbike owned by a employer (insured) not in thier own house, so if one of the staff had hit one of the scum around the head with a wrench he would be on a sticky wicket . But if the scum had hammer in his hand self defence premitive strike would work and you can keep hitting until you feel the threat is over .me personally i would hit them around the legs or arms with a baseball bat as head shots can lead to big trauma for you and them ;)break thier legs dont kill them but they are lowlife scum bike thieves !

9. Footage serves as a good reminder that basic steering lock is still worth using even in a showroom, It's the first thing the two thieves would have checked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Idea for security, any bikes with ABS could have that. When ignition is off abs pump clamps the callipers on the disc and blocks the valve so system stay's pressurised. No way to wheel it unless with no brakes and if they want to with no brakes ....

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you do nothing, they carry on.

It's about time we did something.

12. I saw the vid on mcn yesterday. It could have been very nasty. I'm surprised that the bikes weren't left in gear so you wouldn't be able to wheel it out the door. Scum will always be scum and well done to the staff for standing up for themselves

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alright superhero.... not everyone is a brave as you

I would love to see if it was you in the heat of the moment... they protected their bikes and material, none got hurt.

Luckily they only had wheels nut bars and not guns, they dont know what they had.

And the guy in the showroom all by him self to take them on, good on him, most people would just left them walk out.

But hey maybe thats just me :-/

• Like Like x 3
  14. I wish little sh*ts like those guys and all the nasty b*****ds that carry weapons for the purposes intimidation and assault etc etc etc would come up against people, preferably SCO19; that would give them a taste of their own medicine.......

I recall back in the 80s or early 90s, a gunshop in Colchester was subject of an attempted armed robbery......with a gun pointed at him and the shop owner, the assistant reached under the counter and shot the b*****d.......OK, so the robber died, WGAF?

Imagine what went through his mind (not the bullet) as it happened........."Oh sh***t......"

AL.

15. Did the robber win the Darwin Award that year? :tongue:

16. Unfortunately the gunshop owner lost his licence to be a registered dealer for good, but as far as I know, no prosecutions ever occurred.

AL.

17. Video has gone nationwide in media, hopefully the little pricks will be caught

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's absolutely disgusting that the guys at InMoto can't go about their business without having to deal with douche-bags like these. Man, if that was my business I would have got at least one of them and pounded the living shit out of him.

19. im amazed at the restraint shown by the staff against these kids, particularly resisting the temptation to boot fekk out of the sprog with the high viz and full sized numberplate..he was absolutely begging for a shoeing when he was on the floor, never mind a bit of metal bar action..me thinks that these werent perhaps the most professional crims, they looked shit scared. the punk waving the bar around was bouncing about like a 5yr desperate for a wee. a real punk wouldve had swung that about from the get go. fair play to the staff for defending someone elses property and i hope that Ducati Uk look after these boys.

20. Isn't armed robbery 12 year or life sentence?

First time offence for assault would just be a fine.

I think you could quite happily kick their cnuts in without them running off to the police

Do Not Sell My Personal Information