1199 Genuine Ducati Panigale Race Fairings Painted And Fitted.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Niven770, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Cheers for the tips and guidance @Niven770. Yes I got the Ducati kit, for the money and fit, it's a no brainer. Didn't realise it also came with plug blanks, that's a bonus. Mine's an R like yours so should fit the same. I haven't had time to get it spray up so it'll be fitted white, then taken off and sprayed up over winter.

Did you remove all the lights, front & tail and fit the blanks?

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the paint job?

2. Yep I removed the lights. I will occasionally ride on the road but it's mainly for the track so I'll use the daylight only rule and run with no lights.
    Paint job will cost you around £900

• Like Like x 1
  3. I replaced the seat, it look a little long than 1 hour (more like 2) after I put it on, then took it off, after getting it wrong a few times. Some of us are meant for manual work LOL ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks again @Niven770, your update saved my bacon. I'd have never know that until getting to Mugello. Changing the front fairings to me ~6 hours. Swapping over all the spacers, rubbers, nuts and making a few errors disassembling/reassembling etc. LOL, I'm not cut out to be a mechanic that's for sure. At least nothing got broken or scratched :)

I've the rear light fault coming up on the dash, that's all.

5. Did you fit the supplied plug to the rear light socket ? I didn't have any errors from the rear light.

6. These connectors?[​IMG]

7. I think i disconnected them under the seat. the 2 indicator ones (white) remain just un plugged but the one to the rear light had a plug in the kit which had to be fitted. Have you started up your bike since fitting the fairings ?
    When talking to DG they told me the rear light had to have the plug fitted because of something to do with the CAN Bus.

Cheers
    Davy

8. The bike started OK. It came up with a dash error regarding the rear light which then cleared. I'll take a spare plugs with me to the track.

9. These are the plugs that came with my kit, not sure where the spacers should have gone :)

[​IMG]

10. Green one is tail light, is the white one triangular?, if so its for side stand (not needed if you keep the stand fitted). Black and yellow one no idea, I got one as well. There is not one there for the front light, there should be or have you already fitted it ?. Alloy spacers, I got 2 and no idea where they go.

11. The white one is triangular, though it was for the side stand (keeping the side stand so it's not needed). I've fitted the front light plug. I'll call MR and ask what the other connector and spacers are for.

12. Craig from Moto Rapido to the rescue. The other connector is for the radiator fan and the spacers are for when the side stand is removed, to take up the gap.

#33 J0n3s, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Looks cracking !

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information