1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Go And Get Your Psa Checked

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jack Aubrey, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Thanks, Kev, yep they must have stopped that cared, :joy::joy:

2. I believe that is the ‘seed’ or capsule of radioactive material they inserted into the prostate. Not sure it’s that common now but could be wrong. The machine I had is an MRi scanner and x ray delivery unit in one. They basically line you up with three red lasers ( yep I have three little Tattoos ) check the bladder is not too full. Then scan your prostate. X rays are then targeted through gates to the correct regions based upon the just taken image. Nothing radioactive just a load of dead cancer cells)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think you are right, couldn't recall the exact details but that description is familiar. Mind you, tattoos or warning card... I wouldn't want my mate getting those tats out! :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Best wishes to anyone going through treatment.

Off the back of this thread I got my PSA checked. The results came via text the next day and I’m told all is well.

I shall be having the test anually now.

• Like Like x 6
  5. I went to the docs in March as I’d had a spate of going to the loo a lot during the night.

Not only did I have a PSA test but I had a 6’7” tall Doctor with hands like shovels give me the “once over” too. The physical checkup seemed ok but he still referred me to the hospital.

I then had a telephone consultation with a doctor/consultant after a week or so followed by a second PSA test six weeks later.

All the tests confirmed that everything was okay. Thankfully

• Like Like x 7
  6. Turns out King Charles has cancer, just like the rest of us. I had a feeling he did, somehow. Not announced what kind of C, or how advanced/ malignant. But seems really serious.

I'm not a monarchist, but surely we must all wish the chap well.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I think this is very serious for him. No music at the start of the news and then most of the program dedicated to the issue. Not a monarchist but I wish him well, but I suspect they are laying the groundwork for worse news to come

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've not seen it but a friend of mine texted me saying exactly the same thing.

9. Returning to my question about getting tested annually, my bloods are tested as part of my diabetes care, and it’s either a coincidence or possibly part of the service but I was routinely retested. I’m pleased to say there’s no change and that pleased my GP. Happy dr happy patient.

My friend who is part way through his journey, having had surgery last December is we hope in remission.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. Fingers crossed for him mate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Harry turning up and them not saying what type of cancer are not good signs either. They have said it’s been caught early and have started treatment but if it’s something terminal like pancreatic cancer the treatment could just be pain management. I think if there was a positive prognosis we would hear more about it so I think this is looking bad

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I don’t think you can determine KC condition is very serious because there was no music and most of the programme was dedicated to it. The news programmes have no more details than we do. I hope for his and his loved ones it’s sorted quickly. That would be some kind of bad karma, him being the longest serving aire apparent and just as he gets the top job he is unable to fulfill his destiny. I wouldn’t call my self a monarchist but I’m definitely not republican either, if that what the opposite is.

13. IIRC he didn’t want the job.

Wishing him well as a fellow human being.

14. It was great to see this topic extensively covered on one of the cycling channels I follow on youtube, along with testicular cancer and male suicide.
    Spread the word and demand a PSA test.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I wouldn’t say it’s a definitive things are very bad but there is a significant change in tone from the week before when he and the P’essOW were in for treatment.
    So to me that means something different is happening.

it was the same when QE died. She was dead long before they announced it. They spent hours trailing that she was very ill and on the edge when I am sure she was already dead. There is no way, that she would allow the media to talk about her the way they did if she was still alive.

16. The clue for me was when news people were all wearing black before her passing was announced. Both in the studio and outside Buck House.

17. Which YouTube channel?

• Like Like x 1
  18. CADE Media

• Like Like x 3
  19. Hi everyone,
    I'm now nearly 7 weeks post-surgery and "appropriately sore" but otherwise fine. I wanted to say how wonderful it is that so many of you have tested after reading this thread - thank you for doing that and for sharing. I haven't read every reply yet but i will.
    I go for a PSA test on Tuesday this week which hopefully should be clear.
    Continue to spread the word guys
    Jack

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. Good luck for Tuesday
    Keep healing

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information