1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going back to BMW????

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Richard 1200, May 4, 2013.

1. What a cracking idea - maybe you could call it "Full of Shyte" or something similar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lets get back to the real point of this thread, however boring that may be after the other banter.
    Went out with a couple of forum members yesterday and did 120 miles up through Wales and back via Gloucester. After the ride I am more sure now of keeping the Multi. Might test ride the BMW but do not want to put doubts in my mind again so will try and stay away from the main dealers.
    At my age the Multi is too fast in sport mode but is much easier to handle at slow speeds and push around in and out the garage, junctions etc. so I will keep it in urban mode, touring at times and enjoy it. That's where I am at the moment.

On another subject, wore my new Schuberth C3 pro yesterday for the first time, it's very very nice.

• Like Like x 2

4. Hallelujah...hallelujah..:smile:....need to thank you for your inputs - very creative ! :smile:.
    I only just noticed them because they've dropped out of the bottom of this now full thread toilet and into my West Pennines earth closet. Looks 100% quality stuff and a match for anything from our farm animals, including Rodger the bull. ( apt name eh? :smile: )

Time to close this toilet for me and I'd say F O to you now, except I'd probably have to come back and ask '...which word do you not understand..? ' :smile:

As a Ork with Geordie pedigree :smile: I know what it's like to be considered a Janner...( Larn yersel Geordie and all that stuff... :redface:).
    For those who are not familiar with Janners, here is a LINK : Urban Dictionary: janner

There may be good reasons for the shift to current understandings of the word...( as indeed Geordies sometimes are afflicted by changing perceptions ).
    It occurs to me that living in that narrower strip of England, with much water around, you may fancy converting your 'bikes to waterborne jet bikes....kept in a straight line you would eventually strike dry land somewhere....:smile:

Oopps...just fell off my chair....ROFL....

As El Toro sussed....the Ork in me sometime surfaces

"Te l'o fata!"

Time for me to unsubscribe from this particular threadbare and overflown thread....it's been great FUN and I've found some of the forum players...Hasta la vista...:upyeah:

5. What a total tool.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nah ... tools are useful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. He's gonna be toast when he gets busted. His Dad's probably out on his Pikes Peak right now, down at the local bike meet, chatting with his mates. Meanwhile, little Jonny is supposed to be in his bedroom doing his homework. Instead he's on here trolling us lot and looking at pictures of ladyboys with one hand down his pants.

• Like Like x 3
  8. he must be a freak........midget gems over Maynards Wine gums. pah!

9. Richard, glad you've made your mind up, and forumps input helped ;-p

My be spends most of its life in touring, mainly because sport is too agressive two up, and I get too many kidney punches for having the wheel in the air :-/
    The bike does pretty well in urban mode, runs out of steam at about 130 :)

10. That should be 'my bike', spell checker got the better of it...

11. I doubt he would feel so justified if he'd had a 2013 Multi ...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Following this thread has made my eyes hurt!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just went for a rideout with a chap on the new LC. He's an advanced rider and no slouch. Claims still getting used to the handling. No probs keeping up in Touring mode. But here's an interesting comment.

One of the things he is getting used to is setting off at the lights. It has mor grunt than the old engine. So much so that front would lift off, traction control would cut in, he would shut the throttle, and then stall...

Hmm, so either old bike was a real turd, or the new LC, with dynamic damping, traction control and new engine isn't quite as sorted out as a package.

Can imagine if something like this happens on the MTS, there'll be whinging no end. But because its a BMW, the riders blame themselves.

BMWs ...

14. One or two bitchy remarks about our fellow riders above for no real reason from my point of view. Some more ammo for you. Had my multy for nearly 2 yrs & put 10k on it. Loved every minute of it,fantastic bike BUT....had all the 'usual' problems... discs,exhaust valve;clocks x2 ... warrantee now out & I thought... if I have to pay for some new clocks/discs as they seem to break down on a regular basis,i really can't afford it. Anyway,curiously,i took the new gs out on a test fully expecting to be underwhelmed..I came back after80 mls of pure pleasure! Couldn't fault it, smooth low power but with torque which will lift the front wheel in the 1st 2 gears! Sooo long story short,had a good think & ordered 1, due early june . My time with my multy has been great but I , also,like to change my bikes qt a lot and yes i'm 50 and yes, i'll not be taking a 13k bike off road BUT I will be taking on minor farm tracks like I did with the multy. Been riding for 30odd yrs now & really can't be arsed with all the bollox people talk about other riders,just ride whatever you ride & enjoy the fuck out of it :wink: end of sermon

• Like Like x 1
  15. Can't argue with that?

16. 1,100 miles in a year - not sure that counts as a fair trial!

Not much more than a test run and the thing definitely isn't run on properly at that mileage (no matter what the dealer tells you)!

:)

17. Agree, can't argue with that quiny1200. Because you're comparing apples to oranges.

The gripe people have with the multi is not the performance, but the reliability of the parts. And for that reason, the OP has chosen to go back to BMW.

But, our point is there are many of us with trouble free Multis. BMWs had their fair share of parts problems.

BMW suits your taste? Fine. But again your gripe with your multi isn't performance anyway. So unless BMW gives you better and longer warranty (like Kia) and support, I don't really see how that addresses your multi's issues.

Can't argue with that indeed.

18. Not in the Sunday Times yesterday, more or less called it a death trap, with BMW covering up safety issues.

19. Ducatisti.....

Calm down boys, this is resurrected news and there are a number of naughty journalistic innuendos and important things not said for the purpose of making you talk about and buy the paper. You should all be used to the way papers tell their 'stories' by now.

The GS is no more a death trap than our Multi. and just check what the top selling bike in the UK has been for the last 2 months and this Journo crash situation is old news and was before it even went on sale.

The many problems publicised of the Multi may have put off some potential buyers of Multis and caused some to sell up but it hasn't stopped people buying and enjoying their Multis, neither has the GS been toppled off the top of the sales chart by the pre-production Journo test crashes, they are both good to ride.

Just take care, both bikes are way more powerful than most of us can use anyhow. Oh, and by the way don't try riding on cruise control with no hands and worse to see if the Multi frightens you, it will.

20. I read that too. It was almost a 'sue us if you dare' threat to BMW. The Sunday Times seem to be trying to get to the cause of the crash (understandable as Kevin Ash was their employee) but BMW appear to be refusing to allow any information to be released.

It also mentioned that Kevin Ash's family are in consultations with lawyers.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information