1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Gopro Action Camera, Which One And Where?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Schifi, May 6, 2016.

1. Aren't they all?

Hmm. I told them my intentions when ordering and that was never mentioned. Pants pulled down! :Asshat:

2. What's the recording at night like (street lighting and headlights only)? My old camera just showed pitch black even though as far as I was concerned I could see just fine.

Edit: Don't know why i'm asking, already ordered the cam... too late!

3. I tried that: got a great view of the bike and the fast distance, not much of the road ahead.

4. uploadfromtaptalk1464971025630.jpg

Olfi on a chest mount harness pulled up close to my chin

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looking forward to trying out my new olfi this weekend[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Is this Olfi a rebrand of the Chinese Gitup Git2 (I can see why they might opt for a different name here) ?

7. New from ground up isn't it. They all look similar but the spec for the price is amazing on the olfi.

8. Spec appears identical to the git2 which was released a few months ago. Saw it reviewed on techmoan you tube channel.

9. In that case, I think olfi got there first. There was stuff flying around the Internet end of last year. Then again, the Chinese never copy anything [emoji6]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. On further invstigation it clearly isn't a rebrand of the git2, very different externally. Be great if the welsh got there first.

11. Point of note for those not in the know - I've only do a few videos so far with my Olfi, but as with anything recording at a high resolution or frame rate it requires a high-speed memory card. I'm new to all this, so didn't realise.

I bought a 48mb/s card, but it's jerky - the read/write speed appears to be too low. So I'm on the lookout for something faster. I see Olfi sell their own, but I didn't buy it, because it seemed too expensive...!

12. Sandisk ultra are fast enough. I'm using one in mine and 4K is fine.
    [​IMG]

I have since ordered a Sandisk Extreme from eBay. I've been told 128GB ones work fine but I'd already ordered a 64 which is a shame. Get a 128. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Perfect, thanks chap!

14. Class ten cards (see the little circle with 10 in it) work fine on the Gopro at 4K resolution.
    The make should not matter if it is a class ten.

15. According to the SD card standards, it needs to be a UHS class 3. [​IMG]
    Although a normal class 10 may work (and does for me), one firmware update to your device could stop that. I know I sometimes get a 1 frame judder on my class 10 at 4K. The judder only happens when it moves recording to a new file (I run 5 min segments) so I get a judder at end and start of new file where it can't write fast enough. This is barely noticeable but is caused by class 10 not being fast enough. Look for the U3 number.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. This is the fragment issue I have in the last 1 frame of every 5 minute video file. It's the write speed of the class 10, not able to cope with writing a new file and finishing off the old file at the same time. It may work, but with no overhead.[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information