1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Gopro Action Camera, Which One And Where?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Schifi, May 6, 2016.

1. I sa
    I saw the refurbished one and steered well clear. Opted for the more expensive one from a proper retailer (still through eBay though).

2. We get all our cards from Sandisk through Amazon. If they fuck up (they often do with heavy use) within 6 months Amazon send you a replacement and a label to send the faulty one back for free. I've got two to send back today.

3. Whoops... Pic didn't add [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Never seen that before, but I have only used 4K once or twice as I have nothing to view 4K on. I am now using the Polaroid cube+ more than the Gorpos that I have, I must sell one of the Gopros one of these days.

5. Doesn't do it with U3 card so not really a problem. I have a 4K TV that plays straight from USB SD reader. Fantastic quality.

6. £35 ebay chinky type, low res for YT but looks great on a 23 inch mac screen

7. Must be the cheapy camera making it look like you're going past those other riders quite quickly. [emoji23]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Thanks for that Bradders, you have just persuaded me not to bother with cheap Chinky rubbish, even in 720 on youtube that looks dreadful!
    I'll stick with the Gopros and the Polaroid Cube+ after watching that.

9. Looks same sort of quality as my £40 Hyundai action cam. Looks Ok in isolation, until you side by side the two. I was perfectly happy with mine until it temporarily broke and I got the olfi.

10. Its uploaded as low quality to keep size down and not take 4 days on my lightening sky broadband. But its not a patch on go pro anyway even at full res...although at 1080 p with60 fps it is...but that eats 2gb in a few minutes recording!

11. SOS,,, not really sure what you want from yor dash cam,,, but after some 6k miles i have a few opinions / views,,,so,,,, if you want a nice flowing view of the road and your perfect apexs ( like track days etc ) then a fairing or bar mount is good for what you need,, if you want anything more than a nice perspective of the armco / white lines like a nice view of the lovely scenery , country side, mountains, buildings town scape which you are cruising throo then it has to be helmet mount,,,, ok, ( as has been said ) it is a bit tellytubby like,, but hey ho,, that will not matter when you are sit by your comp viewing your holls...

12. Not if you buy a Drift Ghost or a Drift Stealth - they're a much better helmet option than a GoPro. I put GoPro's everywhere else except on my lid, because they look stupid and aren't very aerodynamic, they are difficult to use in that position with your gloves on and you can't get them off with your gloves on easily either. GoPro is just not the right tool for that particular job.

13. rainman,,, ( wtf is your dance ? ),,, got to agree with you,,,tryy doin 95 mph gorrila stye on a HD and then add a go pro on yoor lid,, holly moses,,, but still with your one you cannot see what you re actually filming,,,,,,,at least with a GP on the bars you can... tell me

14. [​IMG]

Quit moaning about the GoPro [emoji23]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. image.jpeg Got mine mounted on the left mirror, excellent angle and no vibration.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]
    I just went out and moved mine. Consider your solution, stolen!

The sticky back mount was slightly coming off the fairing after only a few rides, this is much more secure. Only minor annoyance is losing the ability to just clip and slide the case off the bike when leaving it parked. Now needs unscrewing.

18. 20160616_105504[1].jpg
    Drift Stealth on front, rotatable lens keeps image vertical.
    20160616_105522[1].jpg Remote control holder by Shapeways 3D printers in left handguard.
    20160616_105542[1].jpg 20160616_105858[1].jpg Helmet mount on side, as mentioned before aerodynamic shape of the Drifts means it does not try to tear your head off!!! Obviously remote control still used to start/stop and change mode. Jon.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mine arrived but I haven't been for a ride yet. Ive got my Olfi set to come on and start recording when the bike turns on, which means i'll currently have a load of clips of me testing my replacement relay last night.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information