1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grease On The Rear Of Brake Pads.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by ducv2, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Another simpleton here (but only a small amount) and never had squealy brakes.

My Mrs. new car's rear brakes would squeal like crazy when reversing/braking. I asked the dealer to look at it whilst in for the first (1 year) service and suggested it might need some grease on the pads/pistons but when I collected it they hadn't done anything as it didn't squeal when they tried it (worse from cold) and they said that I needed a 'recording' of said noise to present to them if it was to be done under warranty!

I couldn't be arsed to argue with them as it would have meant re-booking and probably paying extra so I intended to do it myself but now the pads have worn down a bit it seems to have (mostly) stopped so I'll probably leave it.

2. bb.jpg

B-QUIET

B-Quiet is a new Brembo lubricant specifically formulated to lubricate parts of the braking system that move or slide within the caliper and pad sub-system, on pins and bushings. Brembo B-Quiet lubricant effectively reduces brake system noise and protects the components from corrosion......

3. :) ^ I can imagine somebody selling their pitch with that on Dragons’ Den, let’s reinvent the wheel shall we? (yes, I am feeling cynical today)

4. Do you think Peter Jones would ask them why they need additional fund when they have an existing business selling gloss carbon fibre motorcycle accessories?
    (yes, I am feeling cynical today)

• Like Like x 1
  5. +1 for using ceramic brake grease which I now use instead of copperslip to elimination any galvanic corrasion issues.

6. gotta keep that corrasion at bay Steve :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Don't know about any of this new fangled stuff.

I'm still using copper grease, from a large tin that I've had many years, can't remember where it came from (inherited from Dad/Grandad possibly?) but I have noticed it is getting low so may need to research the options in a few years when it finally runs out...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information