1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H982 Fkl - Top Gear Argentina Trip Ends Early!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kirky, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Maybe they'd want to die if they actually lived there.....

2. You don't recommend it for a winter holiday then? I've heard the fishing is very good.

3. P1010779.JPG P2150135.JPG P1020071.JPG

I would...

4. [​IMG]

Our winter I mean. Not theirs. :Coldfeet:

5. During the UK winter it's the height of summer in the southern hemisphere - so the ideal time to visit...
    The penguin picture was taken in March 2013, at Volunteer Point, East Falkland, just after dawn. The other two are Bodie Creek bridge - the most southerly suspension bridge in the world - and a seal at Whale Point.

6. never thought of moving? buy a ticket. one way.:upyeah::smile:

7. I spend 50% of my time there every year - fortunately the company pay for the flight there...
    Unfortunately for you, they also pay for the flight back as well...
    :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. And yes, I have considered moving - in many ways I prefer the Falklands to the UK...

9. Can't imagine there's much in the way of decent biking roads out there though. More sort of quad bike country..? And I guess sticking your bike on a ferry to Argentina for a bit of a tour round is out of the question.

10. really whither the F45 is better than the FFS is of no relevance,, sure there are mineral and fishing reserves by the plenty but the main asset of the Falklands is their military strategic importance to the American empire,, being under brittish rule they are therefor nato aligned so there for US can use their airspace and territorial waters if they so desire,, it was probabally her great friend Ronald Raygun that told Maggie to get out there lady and secure it ....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Don't get me started/

:p

12. I understood that Argentina, even under military dictatorship, was considered an ally by the US at the time of the conflict and the Americans tried hard to dissuade them from invading the islands and precipitating a war between two allies. And the man from Washington charged with playing peacemaker was, somewhat surprisingly, one Donald Rumsfeld.

13. well America have never been averse to a right wing dictatorship ;) but having a nato puppet in their pocket is still preferential .

14. Not just America, either.

*cough*pinochet*cough

15. NO! NO! NO! JR45! You must distance yourself from these irrational thoughts. Trust me, its fucking shit down there. There are no trees because its always blowing a bastard. The weather is crap 80% of the time and even when its sunny its still blowing a bastard. I remember once pootling down the road in a land rover at 50mph. I slid the window open, gobbed out of it, AND MY GOB WENT FORWARD. Yes it immediately overtook me! Never forget it. So don't go there. It might not have landed yet.

16. Sounds a bit like the pennines where I live..............

17. sounds like Shetland
    but Shetland is a nice place, with lots if nice roads and people

18. Yeah, its a bit like the Shetlands I suppose. I've only been to Scatsta mind you so I've only seen Shetlands from helicopters.

19. The Scottish don't like you calling it "the Shetlands".

;)

20. Wonder how do they feel about calling it Norway? Coming soon to your new-look map of the former United Kingdom.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information