Hamilton Spoiler!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arquebus, Nov 6, 2020.

1. I dont follow football but i switched on the TV the other night England were playing Bosnia ? They were not in usual colour strip but i knew who was who as the English team were sure to be the ones with mostly Black players..

I can save you the bother of watching F1. basically its a bit like speedway, who ever wins the first lap wins the race :)

2. You should watch more often.

3. 9 of the starting 11 were white (not that it should make one fuck of difference)

IMG_8076.png

4. I hanker for the past take on F1, where drivers were not assigned nutrionalists to guide them on which soya or oat milk supplement they should be drinking that day or winning a race based on tactical pit stops and the use of DRS or KERS. It's more like chess on wheels nowadays. Frankly sends me to sleep. I much preferred it around the time of James Hunt, who'd turn up in the nick of time disshevelled from a very drunken/deborched evening of revellry the night before, usually with some "company" and a fag hanging out of his mouth. Would then get in the car and drive the wheels off it. Charisma was the watchword, not bland automotons. I remember an interview with Murray Walker where Patrick Head was looking for Hunt, furious that he was still missing from the car at the start of proceedings, only to find him in the back of a garage being "entertained" by an obliging young lady. The F1 of old, has now evolved into a beige sterile sport.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. England were beaten by Iceland, who have a population of less than 380,000 to pick a team from. Southgate should stick to taking penalties.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Live fast, die young. 45 in the case of James Hunt. And 52 for Barry Sheene :( .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Its the same with every sport and generation though isnt it, doesnt mean you cant still enjoy it.
    Theres never been another Seve.
    Theres never been another Dalglish.
    Theres never been another Rossi.
    (imo but etc...)

8. I know what you mean. Though I'm not so sure that there's as much soya being drunk as Merc or whoever would have us believe. Plus Kimi only left the scene in 2021, and he was certainly in the mold of Hunt!

9. Maybe if the likes of Hamilton stopped seeing black players and white players and just saw players he wouldn't get so upset. sorry but those that shout racism are often the biggest racists.

The fundamental problem with F1 is its got too fast for the tracks. I remember back in the mid 80 F1 at brands, but the turbo era made it too fast for the track., its now too fast for even Silver stone and the classic euro circuits but it soldiers on for the fans. Since then run off issues etc have killed a few other tracks but the replacement street circuits are little better.
    The answer is probably to watch slower racing like BTC or BSB which usually gives better racing but lets face it Liberty media are not really about racing, they are as it says on the tin, a media company.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hamilton is still a prick

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Maybe James could hold his drink better than Kimi, I don't recall tales of people stepping over Hunt, because he was on the floor blotto.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kimi was infamous for his roving eye for the girls and epic partying

But he also held a lot more fastest lap and lap records than Hunt or anyone else so I guess he made up for it!

13. He may well be but he absolutely 100% has a point.
    Ask frank bruno etc..
    Been going on for decades.

14. "9 of the starting 11 were white"

if you read my post i said i came in during the Bosnia game ….where 5 of the 11 starters were black and 2 more came on as subs so over half the team was coloured. As you say, absolutely nothing wrong with that and good luck to them , Sorry that didnt fit your agenda or point but if you had a valid point you wouldn't need to twist the truth.

15. ‘Coloured’…..

16. Paddy I don’t know you but if you don’t want to come across as a bit racist you might want to re-consider openly admitting to counting black players on a football team (and clearly seeing that as some kind of weakness/problem). Also, referring to them as coloured? Its not the 1980’s anymore.
    Oh and calling someone a racist whos issues with racist fans has been well documented also makes you look a bit un-educated.
    Come on man, be better :upyeah:

17. Anyhoo, afetr all that, another win for verstrapon : unamused:

18. Redbull new advert
    "Cheating gives you wins "

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Hamilton wins record-extending ninth British Grand Prix

If that was boring, you're the problem!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information