Hamilton Spoiler!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Arquebus, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Enjoyable race, I wanted Lando to win but Maclaren threw a win away for either him or Oscar. Good race tho, don’t mind Lewis winning, it obviously meant an awful lot to him

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. That was a good a race! Especially early on when you could have chucked a blanket over the front four…

Shame for Russell. Once again unlucky…

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yeah Gutted for Russel.

4. As a huge fan of F1 but with no specific driver to root for, the Silverstone race was awesome! It was the first race I didn't have a nap during it in a while!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Exciting yes, and I’m glad Hamilton won and that Dutch driver didn’t, but was slightly spoiled for me by the fact that the result was decided on bad tactical decisions by the teams.
    So did we actually see the best driver win ?

6. That's the part I love, the drivers are only one side of the coin, the rest is down to their team and some have been absolutely comical to watch as of late.

7. You saw the best team win for sure.

8. No. Mercedes always strategise George down the order. Can you imagine Lulu’s hissy fit if they double stacked HIM for a tyre change? Then to make double sure, they retired George’s car. Strange given he would have scored heavily in the constructors championship.

9. It was a great race. Red bull no longer the fastest car but the best driver in MV. He’ll manage to defend his championship this season but next season will be very interesting. Lulu and Newey off to Ferrari, the McLaren’s will be strong as will the Mercedes.

10. Disqualified.
    Hamilton wins.

11. Rules are the rules but George is right to feel aggrieved. It wasn't Lewis that caused the disqualification so I guess Toto is having his nuts kicked...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Actually feel very sorry for him can’t imagine what he was thinking when he was told the news

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Toto had a face like a slapped arse when George crossed the stripe. Thrown under the bus again.

14. Forza Italia !

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Think it’s safe to say it’s been a bit of a crazy weekend for the racing!
    The noise of the Tifosi fair play.

16. An excellent weekend though other views are available!

17. Disappointed for Lando, really hoped he’d win to try and close the cap to Versappen. At least it looks like Maclaren could win the Contructors?
    Well Done Charlie, good gamble, who doesn’t like seeing Ferrari win in Monza?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agreed, Macca have a good shot at the constructors.

19. Remember when George won but was disqualified because his car was too light? I thought I’d read somewhere that it was because he’d stayed out too long on the same tyre and the excessive wear had put his car under the permissible weight. Or was that shite? Was it something else? Fuel?

The reason I ask is because Charles LeClerec stayed out for a bazillion laps and also won. I did wonder with a couple of laps to go….

Do Not Sell My Personal Information