1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Healtech Quick Shifter

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by NJW1967, Nov 28, 2015.

1. So been of a very meager intellect, explain the advantage of a quick-shifter. Sell it me, ..be bloshy! Brag goddam it..

2. On a multi? Imho none

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Dont knock it until you tried it

4. I have on track bikes, love it, but no point at all unless at full chat. Which you arent on a multi. Imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. And ducati gearboxes and QS dont mix

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Have to agree in that I see no good use for one on the road. The benefit of one is that the bike will accelerate faster but a Multi is hardly slow.

7. Hi Neil,
    What did healtech say as I have had the same problem and my dealer is saying it's the qs!

Thanks
    Andy

8. Something similar happened to me and it was a bad connection of the mass contact. Check it, solution may be easy...

9. You are spot on there Bradders.
    I was recently at Louigi Moto, and Rich showed me three bikes in for new gearboxes, because of quick shifters!!
    Rich reckons the Ducs are just too grunty for a QS and put a lot a stress through the box.
    Here is some evidence of this in a couple of posts on the Louigi Moto Facebook page.....

Just sayin', of course what anyone does with their own bike is up to them.
    I was going to fit one on the 999 and the Multi, but the thought of trashing the boxes on them put me right off.
    And as much as I might like to think I need one, I certainly aint no Casey Stoner/ Dovi / Chaz Davies, so I'm sure I'll cope without one!

Deaks :)

rich_qs1.JPG

rich_qs2.JPG

10. Fitted one to my Hypermotard a few months back (55ms is the sweet spot for me) i think in all fairness you could say a QS isnt friendly to any gearbox (the same "QS's dont agree with....is my RSV4 apparently QS's lunch those also but ive got one fitted to that as well). Having said that i dont use mine all the time...only rarely as the clutch on my hyper is featherlight, but, its nice that its there. The other thing is that i dont use mine for downshifting and i dont use it for 1st through to second. I think thats a bit of mechanical sympathy on my part. Otherwise all good.

11. What is the mass contact? Are you talking about the negative!

12. Yes...:fearscream:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information