Hello And Question About Ducati Worx !!!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Ed31, Aug 2, 2016.

1. If I remember correctly they have advertised stuff before quite a while ago and there were a few uncomfortable exchanges on the forum at the time. Again IIRC the seller was living in France at the time and I don't think a purchase was made. I could have this all mixed up but I'm sure if Bob reads this he can confirm or put me straight. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe slip @Bob T a few Euros to carry out one of his famous Bob checks and go meet the guy in person?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I would be incredibly grateful for that ! Would love to hear from a neutral source that all checks out or it doesn't. Too many question marks at the message. Sure I'm just being a flange

• Like Like x 1
  4. First of all you can't slip me any euros as I don't do anything for money. I will however help anyone out for free.
    There was an exchange about MKF a while ago, but you can see that on the forum with a bit of searching. I would prefer not to say anything on an open forum as he is a friend of a friend, but I have never met him.
    The following has nothing to do with MKF or any other individual, but is my opinion.
    The way I operate is that if something looks too good to be true then it probably is and I will not buy anything over the web without some sort of research that will reveal a landline number and a proper address. If a buyer is looking across international borders then there is more scope for not being completely honest. If a business changes its trading name, without making it clear, then my question would be why.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thankyou Bob, I really appreciate your input. I have sent you a private message.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hello to all,
    Our company registration is MKF Ducati, this is our operating group name and the bike sales is under Ducati worx, all can be verified with companies house.
    We have sold many parts and bikes through this forum to various members for a few years now.
    The bikes in question are uk registered bikes with current up to date v5's, no vat to pay. They were also my old bikes which were bought by a local Ducati collector and then part-ex'd for one of our superleggera's.
    We don't advertise our number on our website as not to attract time wasters etc, I know this isn't always the case, we prefer a one on interaction and have mostly supplied directly to trade in the past. We are a small family run company with a warehouse in Weymouth uk, and our sorting warehouse in south west France. We do have good contacts in Italy to find these good bikes.
    I hope this clears things up a little. We've always strived to provide a personal one on one with our customers and provide the best service.
    Thanks
    Matthew

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Hi Ed,
    Hi ed, I am friends with both bob T & Mathew at Ducati worx so caught in the middle here. They had a forum spat a while ago, but these things happen. Misunderstandings on both sides. The bikes are in France & genuine, I've seen them. I have bought 6 ducati bikes from him with no issues, they are sometimes on foreign plates (Europe)but are genuine sales. He has a home in the uk as well as France which accounts for the eBay address.
    I have no problem recommending Ducati worx. Pm me if you want. No problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. pm sent sbk, thank you

9. No worries, let me know how it goes!

10. Thought it only correct to follow this up, i went ahead with both bikes from Matthew at Ducati Worx.
    Matthew rang me, went over everything clearly and concisely, after taking a holding deposit, both bikes were delivered to me yesterday as agreed.
    They are both exactly as described, everything present and correct, the guy lives and breathes these wonderful machine.
    My only criticism, he has access to some absolutely fantastic bikes, direct from the factory in some cases, and at very reasonable prices, so i really want another one already !
    If you are after something a bit special, or need parts, well worth contacting him directly, you will not be disappointed. (can i have a free T shirt please Matthew)
    Thanks for everyone's input on this, hope to be back on here as my rolling restorations progress :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Really glad it worked out ed & happy to have helped, if you fancy a Desmosedici for your collection let me know!:tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Thank you SBK. Don't you start, i would love a Desmosedici ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Resurrecting this as they have some very keenly priced Streetfighter V4s stock. They now seem to be called moto worx and are based on the IOW.
    Has anyone used them lately?
    He said on the phone they are sourced direct from Ducati but not clear if it will be a UK supplied bike or be shown as an import later down the line, making it a little harder to shift should I ever sell it.
    He said it would be a new un-registered bike, but I’ve only ever bought from Ducati mainland dealers, he said they are a Ducati independent, which I’ve no experience of.
    Just a little concerned should I get a warranty issue my local dealer will get funny about it.

14. Hi, you’ll see from previous posts that I’ve vouched for Matthew before. He is a genuine Ducati dealer sourcing bikes directly from Ducati in Italy as well as all over Europe & the world. He deals in new & collectible bikes. He has very low overheads & therefore keeps the costs of the bikes down passing the savings on to his clients rather than making big profits. All the bikes are genuine as described I’ve purchase numerous bikes from him, the latest being a new multi pikes peak last year & have a new zero miles V4 Speciale (which he found for me last week)coming in September.
    The main dealers may not like it but, the bikes have European factory warranties & they are obliged to rectify them should there be an issue.
    Speak to Matthew & he’ll put your mind at ease. I’ve been dealing with him for quite a few years now & have never regretted it. If you want to pm me please do & I’ll help as best I can
    Cheers
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Welcome to the forum

16. Who? me?

17. 2016 :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ‍♂️

Do Not Sell My Personal Information