1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello From Scotland Awaiting First Ducati Dilivery

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Gary gibb, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Parts here today mate thank you again thats me got the complete open clutch now and the upgrade clutch slave only got a few bits in bobs to get and nice set on cans

2. Cool - i wouldnt have sold that but when i fitted the slipper clutch to mine i just assumed that one would fit but the slipper is a different design which was a bit of a pisser as that one looks better than the one on mine now...cant have it always... :)

3. Win win still waiting on a dilivery date he will get back with one today . Bank took a hit just paid bike yesterday. What kind of price can i find nice cans for second hand mind

4. Bit of an open ended question there Gary...

Decide on what cans you would like and it will be much easier to comment on this. There are many options and it is obviously personal preference when it comes to how the cans look and sound. If your looking for some advice, mine would be to get along to a few bike meets where you can see and here different ones for yourself.

I also wouldn't buy a set because they were cheap and I could afford them, if needs be hang on for a while and buy exactly what you want ;)

5. Cheers mate temi or zords

6. Termi all the way.... Anything else should be outlawed! Although second choice would be akra for me...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. Have a scroll through the for sale section on here to get an idea on what the going rate is for a set of Termi's... You don't see used Zards come up very often but I posted a link to some on ebay for you a couple of days ago...

Best to snap a set of Zards up if you see any as they seem to be few and far between when looking for used items...

Edit to add: there is quite a difference in the sound between the Zards and Termi's too so make sure your happy with the one you go for and don't end up regretting it when you here someone else with the one you didn't opt for :upyeah:

8. I had Zards on my first hyper (the penta version) and thought they looked the best (on the hyper) but, on the 1198 id say termi (primarily) or akra (theyre roughly the same shape....)

9. Ok mate yes termi looks good am after a deap sound

10. Agree with regards to them being similar in shape, I personally prefer the Zards when fitted to the bike and also the sound....

This is all subjective and down to personal preference though... If we were all the same, life would be boring and we'd be driving lada's like the Russians ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Which would have the deaper sound

12. I honestly couldn't tell you which is deeper. The preference in sound and looks is purely an individuals opinion, what I like you may not, but someone else will. There has been several times that the sound my bike produces has been complimented by 848/1*98 owners whom have had different systems on their bikes (Akra/Arrow/Termi) but I have always preferred the sound of the Zards for some reason...

I have only seen on other Superbike with the Zards on and that's a 1098S I see regular at various meets throughout the bike season and every time I hear his bike pull up of depart a venue I hear people comment how gorgeous that Ducati sounds...

If you have a good set of speakers on your PC then Youtube will give you an insite to what is available but there is nothing like hearing them in the flesh, which is what I would advise doing before you part with your hard earned cash...

Not a definitive answer for you and may not help with your decision but may help with the process you follow making that decision ;)

13. Ive herd the termi . I like the arrow sound but dont like the look . Termi is nice z are nice then again the yoshi sounds nice

14. Hi and welcome :grinning:

15. Delivery
    Deep
    Deeper
    Termi
    Zard
    Heard

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Wish i had any

Do Not Sell My Personal Information