1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the young man!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by jclark24, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Hello and welcome, glad I am not 20 any more, enjoy it.

2. Sounds awesome Troy! Hello everyone!!

3. Welcome to the forum dude! I'm from Cambridge so a bit further away but I was picking up my bike from Sycamore's in Uppingham... there're some really lovely roads there :)

4. I often pass/pop into Sycamore. As has been said there's some great roads around there.

5. Welcome James,good to see some young lads buying Dukes! (I had less greys 4 yrs ago when I got mine). I'm Just over the Notts / Leics border these days so not far away either

6. Yes the roads around Uppingham are fabulous!

7. Hi Peo! Yes not far away. I had a 2006 Monster S2R 800 when I was 17 and rode that for 3 years and I've just swapped to an 848 six months ago. I always felt that the monster didn't fit me properly because i'm fairly tall. The 848 is a dream to ride and i've just got back from France on it without any aches and pains whatsoever. Love her to bits! What do you ride?

8. I've got a 999s, had it for over 4 yrs now and haven't had the urge to change... Had a zxr636 before that which didn't really suit me.
    Nearest I've got to touring is a trip to TT this year! Normally just the odd blast out and a few trackdays per year... Wouldn't mind a long trip sometime though, Italy maybe.

9. Iceman i am just outside the city in wonderful Cambourne do you know if there are any places round here that folks gather for a cup of tea and ride ?

10. Hi James, welcome to the assylum, Be afraid.....be very afraid :upyeah:

11. Hi James

Glad you had a nice time

I have 4 GOLD VIP (3 day ) PADDOCK PASSES for sale for the WSBK at Silverstone in August. Sadly we have family commitments so all offers welcome. I have just joined this website and do not know how to put a meassage on the Forum

teresa

12. I have 4 GOLD VIP (3 day ) PADDOCK PASSES for sale for the WSBK at Silverstone in August. Sadly we have family commitments so all offers welcome. I have just joined this website and do not know how to put a meassage on the Forum

teresa

13. teresa , you have a pm

14. Peo - I am hoping to do Italy next year! One of my mates who I went to France with has a 999 Airwaves Replica. Was the TT good? We are contemplating the TT but it's just the expense that puts us off. I'd love to go but would rather do a Europe trip for the same amount of money.

Teresa - Thank you for the offer but I'm afraid I'm away whilst this is on. I'm sure some of the other guys will be interested.

Hello everybody else :upyeah:

15. It was my 1st TT this year mate and it is breath taking.... Anyone who's into bikes should go at least once! Does work out pricey though, mainly due to the ferry crossings. Beers cheap though:)

16. Yes I would love to do it one day mate and I'm sure I will! The ferry is always expensive but I'm sure it is one hell of an experience. Where about's are you based when you say Notts/Leics border?

17. Technically I live at Newark mate but the bike and I appear to be living at Rothley with the GF lately....

18. I know Newark fairly well. I'm 15 miles or so from there. Do you use Italia? We should go for a ride sometime when this weather picks up!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information