1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Help In Spain Anyone!?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Beef, Sep 18, 2022.

1. I wouldn't ride that unless you can either re bolt the disc or remove it altogether.
    If the disc locks the wheel at any point the consequences could be disastrous for you and the bike.

Someone must have removed those bolts at some point and not refitted them correctly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Do a Google search of moto repair shops in Lugo..its a long list.

I'm sure one of these will be able to help

#22 duke63, Sep 18, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  3. As others said, stick some bolts, any bolts as long as they clear, in them. I’d try regular Allen head ones, probably fit, if you can’t get disc ones. A bolt is a bolt. Unless it’s a crossbow. Then it’s an arrow.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. :confused:
    under normal circumstances I would agree…… but I am the only owner, and I have never had the disc off! I have had the hub out & cleaned the swingarm out, but never touched the disc. :confused:

5. No…. That’s beyond my riding ability….. as it is yours :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That's not ideal is it! it may be worth investing in a mechanics paint pen (I like the milwaukee inkzall for what it's worth..) so you can mark as many safety critical fasteners as possible for future checking.. I've got disc bolts, axle nut & fork pinch bolts, yokes, frame-engine bolts, eccentric hub pinch bolts, suspension linkage etc all done after torqueing up, so after cleaning/before a ride I can eyeball anything that's going to ruin your day to make sure it's not moved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I would think that any bike shop would be happy to try and help.
    Whereabouts in Spain are you? There are some Spanish members of the EMM who might be able to advise or help.
    I know someone in Santander and also Barcelona

8. It seems hard to believe that all the disc bolts would unwind themselves at the same time.
    Are you sure that something hasn't got jammed between the disc and caliper and snapped both from their mountings?

9. You haven't seen him with a spanner in hand..........

10. Oviedo is the nearest Ducati place to you.

11. There’s one in Lugo that’s an hour away.

12. There’s no way I’d put that much faith in a few zip ties. I hope you get it sorted this morning, so you can carry on with the trip safely.

13. Good luck. Zip ties and brakes - a new example of zip ties saving the day !

I hope my disk does not fall off as I have only got Gaffa Tape with me on this trip :D

(currently in Mont-de Marsan, France)
    All the best

• Like Like x 1
  14. Me neither. Some years ago I knew of someone who had the rear bag slip from his pillion seat and jam itself in the rear wheel locking it solid. Sadly the guy died.

15. You may already know this, but from the Ducati website, the details for of some Ducati service workshops in North west Spain are:
    MOTO LEON S.L.
    Calle Azorín, 65, 24010 León
    +34 987803265
    [email protected] .

ABS Motos
    Calle de Holanda, 12, 33010 Oviedo 33
    0034985244267 .

Ducati Bilbao
    CARRETERA BILBAO GALDAKANO, N-28, 48004 BILBAO
    674210429 & +34 946 450 645
    [email protected]
    http://www.ducatibilbao.com .

Hi-Sport Motos
    Cl Portal de Gamarra, 22-24, 01013 Vitoria
    +34945 205553
    [email protected] .

Hope it helps, and good luck.

Tom.

#35 RTD, Sep 19, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Happened to me many years ago on my way to France luckily I only ditched it and still made it to France but with a new window in my tent.

17. The disc damaged the caliper carrier & has lost the retaining circlip. Currently trying to sort recovery to ferry port, I can get on the ferry tonight at Santander or the Bilbao ferry tomorrow…. What I can’t do is get my breakdown cover to sort a lift! :mad:

18. on your second photo I see that the rear turn signals are reversed, the water drain hole on the turn signal belongs downwards

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Did you get back alright?

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information