1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Choose One…

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by spooky, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Buy the one that makes you smile and makes you hold your tinkle like an excited 5yr old....

2. The totally stock one seems to be getting a lot of love...

3. Honestly, they all do that, as does the Duc in my garage.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I like the 2006 (with the dry clutch I believe), 4,600km black one - an engine with a bike on top.

5. :joy:
    It does have that look - almost like a cafe racer.

I do like the black one - dry clutch, open to a Zard if I wanted to do that but includes Termignoni anyway, low miles, not far to travel...

I think it's probably between that or the totally original one.

Then again, the black ones's totally original as well but with original Ohlins rear.

Then again, the red one has that fairing on it... The black one is probably a teeny bit less comfortable, so it has that in it's favour...

Wouldn't mind that GT as well - looks good and probably handles well, plus it's not much money... but I can't get both. Well, I could, but I really can't.

Oh FFS... :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. don't forget ST2 bars to make the riding position bearable...

7. How bad can it be?!:rolleyes::joy:

Ok, ok, I know... I've yet to see anyone say it's comfy. Worse than my SP2? Probably.

8. I tried my mates one... I'd be done in 15 minutes...
    Ps: And I'm a lithe young whip of thing*

(* When I'm not looking in the mirror)

#28 The Royal Maharaja, Jun 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  9. the Termi exhaust mainly

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's just about enough time to get to the local coffee house. :upyeah:;)

11. You have the SP2 for madness. The Classic is to have a wee bit of gentle fun on normal roads. I'd chose the most oem and not one with zards sticking out everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  12. None of my shortlist have Zards of course. ;) Only a future option with the 2006.

13. You poser! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. In fairness, it's a pub in the middle of the countryside surrounded by lovely, fresh, twisty roads with great visibility. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. And so you should .lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Decision made.

2006 SportClassic, 4,600km, sold by the same Ducati dealer (first registered keeper) that sold it to the owner that kept it all those years and then traded it back into the same dealer. It had the advantages of being sold by the dealer plus they are going to service it, change the belts and put new tyres on (not sure on the best tyres for these). They will deliver to the border as well, so I’ve only got a 2-hour drive to collect it - more convenient than 14 hours each way to Rome.

It has original Termignoni and ECU doodaa in the box, an original DP open clutch cover and the small mirrors (I believe they are the Paul Smart ones).

The riding position felt focussed but I like it - it reminded me of the feeling of being on top of the front wheel that you got on the old RGV and 400s (although that was a very long time ago and my memory isn’t what it was - and neither are my wrists of course). o_O

Can’t wait to receive it and get it registered.

What are the best tyres for these?

Fitting the exhaust looks simple but I read somewhere about having to get a dealer to reset the TPS?

Is it possible to reverse the shift?

Pictures (no bins in the showroom).

IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4962.jpeg
    IMG_4961.jpeg
    IMG_4960.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Congratulations. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WooHoo :D- the engine with a bike on top!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Thanks. I am just a little bit excited...

20. It's a pretty bike on top of that engine. It feels tiny to sit on as well. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

I'd better order some wrist supports... :joy:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information