1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi And 749 Hunting

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by kmorris347, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Welcome mate, I would go for the S to better spec than the standard model.

2. how is the search going ??

3. With that reasoning you would go for an R then surly? :D

4. Not seen one mate and the price is a fair bit steeper on the R versions. :)

5. He didn't mention price, he asked for an opinion - your reasoning gets him an R. Bonus! ;)

6. Depending on budget, The R's seem to be quite a bit more expensive where as there isn't a lot in it between standard and S prices.

7. I'm only being pedantic :(

8. No REALLY??? I would never have guessed :):Angelic::Facepalm:

9. That was a joke silly, I was being factual and serious :Finger:

10. No Progress as of yet guys, the fact we have returned to work and the cold/bad weather has slowed my search down :/
    Cupid Stunt, ive seen that one on ebay and have been very tempted to go look tbf, i think the thing delaying me most of all is the fact i wont get to ride it for a good 2 to 3 months before the weather picks up......so i almost want to see what else pops up in the mean time.

11. No worries mate, I hope you find what you are looking for.

12. Yep, this is a good time to be patient and get the right bike for yourself. Hopefully you'll find one before the prices start to do their seasonal rise thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. how do, yip 749 beautiful bike, i will have one in yellow. :upyeah:

14. oooohh no you wont !!

15. actually there is a mk1 for sale in NI just now

16. oooohhh yes i will, not until the 848 is payed for tho. :smile:

17. I was looking out for a 'S' 749 before I bought mine last year but couldn't find any that weren't over priced. In the end I bought a bip and converted it to a single seater using genuine Ducati parts which were very hard to find. It's a great bike but does take a little time to get use to as they quite different to any jap bike that I've owned in the past. My advice would be to get one with as much service history as possible as they need more tlc than most other bikes. People are saying that there soon to go up in value but I've yet to see any price rises as yet but I'm sure they will. Best of luck with the search. If you see any others that look quite good then post a picture on here as most of us can tell about the any mods or miss fitting of parts they may have etc

18. The R's have gone up about £2K in the last 2 to 3 years :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information