1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Hi From Tasmania

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Pete Mac, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Hi all
    Returning to riding at age 50 after 25 year break first Ducati two weeks ago so learning a lot. 38k on this 1998 900 ssie. Have fixed oil leak from alternator cover and put new clutch plates in. Now investigating flickering oil pressure light at warm idle. So I guess it's welcome to the love/hate relationship we have with Italian moving parts

PXL_20240204_053621921.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  2. Glad you found the place Pete, Lovely in yellow :upyeah:.

#2 Chris, Feb 18, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome mate

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome, I am also down at this end of the world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looks a wonderful part of the world
    Welcome.

7. Welcome to the forum Pete.:)

8. Welcome into our mad house :)

9. Welcome and enjoy

10. Welcome.
    Flickery oil light likely to be just the switch.

11. Welcome from another Pete.:upyeah:

12. Thanks for replies everyone. Found the oil pressure sensor at local Repco, will install this week :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi and welcome

14. Welcome... Bike looks mint :upyeah:

15. Welcome....What a great place Tassie is to ride...enjoy.

16. Greetings!

17. Have been to Tassie many times Pete Mac but never on a bike! Have covered most of the island doing TT whilst strapped in to the selection below! (did it 8 times - mostly in the Monaro) Last year I finally got to visit as a tourist and take it easy as I'd promised my wife I would take her there one day as she had always wanted to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. I and a few others, are at Philip island in Jan 2025, come over and say hello, there's a thread on here in the track/race section

• Like Like x 1
  19. Great pictures. My favourite is (predictably) the Monaro of course! Tassie is a great place to ride, can still find empty roads if you get up early enough. Thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yes - new sensor in last weekend and no more flickery light. Phew.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information