1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horsham Italian Festival

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Gonzo, Dec 31, 2016.

1. See first post on this thread ....

2. i went last year found it poorly organised the ride out wasnt well sign posted lots go lost i ended up arriving at Horsham a long time before i should have
    also saw many none italian bikes joining in got way too many bikes i feel .also some seriouisly erratic riding some R1 doing wheelies and 100 plus wrong side of road .must have upset the locals

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Everyone who registered was issued a route map, written directions, "gpx" file for use with Satnavs (worked with TomTom / Garmin) etc etc so not sure why you got lost ....And yes, too many non-Italian bikes joined in.
    On a positive note, the bikers raised over £1200 for the charities involved.

4. not got sat nav just followed other bikes who got lost
    i went few years back and had the little signs on trees etc and was less hectic

5. Sounds like you didn't register at the start point .....

6. Oh I did in that little bike shop
    Never mind it got too big

7. The few misbehaving and spoiling it for the many, all too common unfortunately. Still, I could be up for ' oh look, loads of Italian bikes just happened to park together near Horsham and it just happens to be an Italian themed weekend. What are the chances of that? '

• Like Like x 2
  8. As I understand it, scooters will be at the event on Easter Monday ...:grinning:

9. It's now official - this has just appeared on facebook ..

We are sorry to confirm that there will be no Italian Bike ride in and display on Good Friday at this year's Piazza Italia.

A joint review of safety following last year's event concluded that changes were needed to the bike displays. Having considered the options available within our resources, the Ducati Owners Club GB, who have been the event's long term motorbike organisers, have decided to not take part in 2017.

Since then we have been unable to identify an alternative organising body to take over responsibility for the bikes displays.

The team are hopeful that a partner can be found for the organisation of motorbike participation in 2018 and beyond.

Alternative bikes displays are planned for this year’s Piazza Italia festival including some very special static bikes and Italian scooters on Easter Monday.

Good Friday will now feature Ferraris and The Italian Job minis which have been such a big hit on previous Piazza Saturdays.

The team thanks the Ducati Owners Club team @motoridimarino P&H Motorcycles Ltd and all of our Italian bike enthusiasts for their past event support and participation.

[​IMG]

10. I can take my scooter then?

11. Whether intended or not, this statement appears to shift the blame onto the volunteer organisations for the cancellation of the motorcycle ride in and display which is outrageous. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  12. Is anybody from here taking a car ?

13. Yes, I agree with the way the statement comes across as pointing the blame at DOC GB; in fact it was HDC that couldn't come up with a workable solution to the problems, DOC GB gave several workable suggestions, none of which HDC were able to implement.

14. I don't think they have wanted bikes involved since we got shoved to the other side of town from the Carfax several years ago.
    I also went to pretty much the same show with the same Italian food stalls and many more Italian car makes all in one place last year in Tonbridge, at a better time of year when the weather is normally warmer. Honnington Events & Venues | Kent Italian Car & Bike Day
    Much better than Horsham, (no offence Gilly) HDC can poke it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Do you know if Honnington will happen again this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Shaun, that's a really good idea to try and drum up interest for this one, albeit at a different time of year. I can't remember if we met there but I went in a car and as you say, a much better event. EDIT No show this year, first break since 2009.

#36 Chris, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  17. ... And no offence taken on my part! Yes, what started out as a bit of fun for Ducati and other Italian bike owners became swamped in bureaucracy. I've heard that the Honnington event is great (must make the effort to be there this year) and the Kent branch of DOC GB are usually involved.

18. I'm game if you are?

19. Yes i am :upyeah: just the weather/health question mark as usual though.

20. Can't help on the weather, but you always seem in good health [emoji106][emoji3]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information