1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Hypermotard 698

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by duke63, Feb 12, 2024.

1. I’m afraid those calculations are beyond my technical expertise.

I’m waiting for an SP version……

2. #82 Sharky698, Apr 6, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  3. So, it’s looking like a recall happening already - for an engine oil leak. Probably explains the dealer becoming a little slow to respond :)
    The comments on a recent YouTube post for which forum posting has been disabled.

“…I think they had a recall on the first batch.”

“Thanks! Yeah the dealership completed the recall and fixed the oil leak. The dealership was kind of secretive about what the recall was and would not tell me exactly what needed to be fixed. Do you know what the recall was for?” ( No answer to that question).

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. I’m a little surprised the usual YouTubers haven’t as yet released a road test given demo bikes have been available.

5. ffs

• Like Like x 1
  6. I detest this kind of bullshit!

Whatever happened to open, honest and transparent communication between dealerships/manufacturers and customers? To be honest, I would not let them do a recall on my bike, unless they were upfront about what was wrong and how they were going to fix it.

7. I remember it taking a while for them to admit the 821 HM had a fly by wire throttle issue. My bike kept going into limp home mode and then saw some yanks posting videos of the same issues. Eventually corrected at a dealership.
    They aren’t gonna shout about it are they unless it was something more than a purely mechanical issue.

8. They have a duty of care to the rider…if there’s a throttle issue, the rider needs to be informed of the issue, the fix and the manufacturer needs to instigate a recall. There are no grey areas, in my opinion.

9. To be clear ‘there was’ and it was a previous incarnation of the HM, not the 698.

10. “There was what?”

11. A throttle issue with my 821.

• Like Like x 2
  12. And another review, this time by Lamb Chop :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Doesn’t fill me with confidence!! And it’s arriving this week!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I got the bike today & clocked about 75 miles on her. It’s all I imagined it would be. I’m impressed :)

• Like Like x 5
  15. Any news and views on the 698 from owners/those who have had a demo? I am thinking of one to join my SFV4S? It all seems a bit quiet in respect of what was a well anticipated addition to the HM line-up.

#97 Skyman, Jun 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  16. I guess there aren’t too many out there right now so yes, real world comments & feedback certainly at a minimum.
    Speaking for myself I can say I’m pretty pleased with it. It’s ’horses for courses’ though isn’t it? With all the gearing biased towards the centre, it’s giving you maximum performance on roads where such performance is definitely frowned upon. Not suited for pottering around on or motorways, it’s giving me a blistering ride on everything in between.
    I’m keeping my ears to the ground as to whether the eBay available throttle spacers will fit as there is the usual rattling throttle grip we’ve become used to with ducati.
    No real gripes about the bike but there’s always a few little things isn’t there?
    The rear seat poppers alway come out when I sit on her & I don’t consider myself a fatso. Easily sorted with bigger seat spacers towards the middle.
    With no fuel gauge, I find I’m switching between the Trip & the Time display constantly. Would be handy if those were next to each other on the menu.
    Probably the biggest thing that takes some getting used to in the real world of traffic jams and road junctions is the electronics that control the engine revs low down.
    I’ve owned my fair share of high compression, torquey singles and their habit of stalling at the most inappropriate moment can be a right pain in the butt.
    Now the 698 isn’t anything like a long stroke torquey bike but even so, Ducati have gone to some lengths to ensure that this short stroke revver of a machine won’t let you down in that way. This is most welcome in my book.
    Moving in stop start traffic scenarios, I was curious to observe the bike’s software having an almost imperceptible influence on the revs in a rather helpful & unexpected manner.
    I also find that in rolling into a junction or stopping situation, the shorter stroke & revvy nature of the engine means that you definitely don’t want to have your hand away from the clutch because she definitely is a ‘goer’ so don’t be tempted to adjust yr visor or something at these times. It won’t slow down like you expect.
    If you ride plenty of quiet A or B roads then this is a bike for you. A little tall for me but as light as a 250cc trail bike so quite manageable. I love the tight turning circle & the ability to easily throw her about.
    It’s an awesome bike in the right environment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. not many have landed in the UK yet so there won't be many owners who can comment yet, Sharky above being an exception. Somewhere around September should see far more UK owners - I think several on here have had a demo ride and posted briefly on other threads.

#99 Chris, Jun 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  18. Very many thanks Sharky, much appreciated. To be honest, that sounds the perfect foil to my Streetfighter, for blasts in Wiltshire, and the surrounding Plain/countryside.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information