1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Hypermotard 698

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by duke63, Feb 12, 2024.

1. 698 crash he was very lucky he didn’t seriously injure himself.
    My guess is that if the YouTubers are making money from their vids then they should be informing their insurance company that they need full
    Business cover. I bet many don’t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Took a 698 for a demo ride today whilst my Desert X was having its first service.
    What a fun bike. Quite docile at 40 mph but open it up and it takes off.
    Just such a hoot to ride and so light and agile tends to bring out the hooligan a bit.
    Maybe next year.
    IMG_4768.jpeg

#142 duke63, Jul 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. So the Mono 698 RVE (with full race system) order has now been placed for April ‘25 delivery - do not want it before then. However, the SFV4S departs back to the dealer next week. Mixed feelings about the latter, but the newly arrived Yellow Peril will keep me occupied in the meantime and the anticipation of a new addition in the Spring will help too.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I’ve had a 698 for about 6 weeks, loving it, so many great bits, but I’m struggling with the bike in traffic it’s so unpredictable between 2-4 thousand revs riding at 30 mph and filtering it feels like it’s been leaned up so tight for emissions it spoils an awesome bike, I’m chatting to the dealer at the moment with a lot of nice words but no action at the moment, is anybody else having the same problems?

5. I did not experience this on my test ride, albeit the road conditions you described were not a big part of my time with the bike. I think I have read elsewhere (not sure where) that the nature of a high revving, tuned single can mean there is an emphasised dip in revs as you slow quickly.

#145 Skyman, Aug 2, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2024
  6. My test ride was a wet 20 mins in March so it wasn’t I great experience but I don’t recall the issue ( although the dealer insists the demo has the same issue) this problem feels like it’s just about to run out of fuel I’m convinced it’s due to the fuelling and needs to be remapped but after copping up 12k for a bike I don’t think I should pay for it

7. Totally agree with your position on the remap, should one be necessary. The bike should not need it from the off, and if it does, then that should be at Ducati’s expense. Mine will be having the full race system fitted, which I understand includes a remap. Hope you get it sorted.

8. If the bike didn’t up its revs like it does I think it would be much more likely to stall. Unlike its main competitors in the market, it’s not so reliant on long stroke torque to get it over the compression cycle & so has to have that revving nature to it. There just isn’t as much mass going round.
    That, coupled with the shorter stroke, makes it rev pretty fast even when at idle in traffic & granted, it’s not that comfortable in those situations but better than it stalling.
    It’s the nature of the beast, in my view.
    Just another lightning fast bike not happy in traffic.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Couldn't agree more.
    I'd like a short stroke, massively over square, powerful high reving machine that's got lots of torque at 2K RPM and behaves like a pussycat in traffic situations. In reality that's not going to happen.
    Emission test don't help for sure but, even without those limitations, I don't see how it could be anything but difficult at low rpm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. it defo feels more like a fueling issue than a “light mass” the bike feels like it’s running of petrol rather than being “lumpy” if that makes sense, it’s a lightweight with good power to weight but its not a race bike it’s a road bike. I have a Husky Fc 350 with a far better power to cc and that doesn’t have a flat spot like the mono, but it doesn’t have to comply with emissions, I just expected it to be a bit more user friendly

11. I can’t directly relate for the 698 but I can say that in the case of my Panigale V2 (Euro 5) it felt dangerously lean at low revs, to the point the exhaust used to be white hot, madness how lean they are running them to get through emissions

• Like Like x 1
  12. The fueling below 4k is dreadful, mildly better after 1st service, but, just took mine to Ducati Leeds for it's first service, got completely ripped off, £287!!! My M1000XR 1st service was £147 in comparison, I will never use Leeds again, I was stunned

13. Mine was 184 but I had to return a week later after half way through the first attempt they discovered they didn’t have an oil filter luckily it’s only 20 mins away

14. I’m still trying to get them to resolve the running issue

15. That surely can't be correct.
    How can a first service on the same bike be so far apart even if they are different dealerships?
    There must be a set time for a first service no matter what dealer you use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. £195 at Ducati Coventry. No extra for the two times 200 mile round trips to collect & deliver the bike, before & after. Excellent service

• Like Like x 1
  17. Set time but not a set labour cost per hour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. In a discussion on the phone when I booked the service they agreed to cap the cost at 160 (he did say because they messed me about ordering a sump guard 3times before they remembered) then charged me the 184 , Bournemouth

19. Well, it looks like I've been totally shafted by Cobb and Jagger service department. It's really unfortunate, because Rob, who sold me the bike is a really sound guy and unfortunately I was going to buy a new V4 Diavel next May from them, but that ain't happening now. Next time I book a service I Will ring a few Ducati dealers up first and get a price before I take it, should have done that originally, but hindsight is a lovely thing

20. hereafter referred to as Cloak & dagger.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information