1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hypermotard 821 - Race Seat - What A Difference!!!

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by alex_gr, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Hi - no if anything it is slightly higher, maybe 20mm. The difference is that it is a flatter profile, i.e. No raised pillion section.

2. Test rode a 939 Hyper today. The standard seat is horrible but seems the race s eat is loads better. But does it really increase the seat height further?

3. Thanks for posting this. I'm 6'3 and have the same concern with the hump at the back. I've got the standard 821 with stock seat. It's actually quite comfy but I still find myself wanting to move backwards a bit at times.

Is the race seat comfortable for 2,3+ hour rides? How hard is it?

Thank you!

4. Definitely lets you move about a bit more. It's comfy enough to do a good few hours on. :grinning::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

5. Is it any higher than the standard seat?

6. It's been mentioned that it is a bit higher.

Sounds great. I just asked my dealer what the availability is, and will pick one up if I can.

7. Tbh I couldn't tell whether it is or not!? I'll have a measure at some point! It's definitely better being able to move a bit further back on it! :thumbsup:

8. How much is this race seat
    As I'm tempted to get one

9. The seat's about £220 I think. I agree with others - seat more comfortable, looks better, can move around more but slightly higher. Overall, definitely worth doing.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Re the race seat, but does it also make it better / worse for a pillion when two up? Just curious....

11. As long as your pillion has a very petite arse you will be fine...

12. Is there much difference in this seat and the stock seat you get on the sp

13. Sorry guys to be different !! I have a 939 hyperstrada with the standard low seat and i bought the racing seat from Ducati in Aylesbury and absolutely hated it ! It was fine on short blasts and i cant explain why, but it gave me a dead bum and on a long journey i was in terrible pain. Looked lovely and gave much more room, but just not for me and now sold on Ebay at a loss !!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information